cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

name00110110
Journeyman III

Please HELP StoreMI I/O device error

I have been using StoreMI for a couple of months without any problems but for the last two days I got a steam error that says "Disk Write Error" when trying to validate game files because the game is not working and I could not either reinstall it or move the steamapps folder to reinstall steam as someone suggested in another forum

so I searched the web and tried all the things I could find and understand "with my limited knowledge" and arrived to a conclusion that there is something wrong with my Disk and its read only and could not delete any folders and it gives me this message "Error 0x8007045D: The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error." and when I searched for it online it says that that my Disk is broken and need to be replaced

what can I do now to resolve the issue and are my ssd and hdd broken and need to be replaced

0 Likes
2 Replies
name00110110
Journeyman III

I tried to remove the fast media but it was stuck for hours and not progressing at all, and also tried deleting the tier but it give me this message "Error deleting tier"

0 Likes
bobalazs
Elite

I would avoid StoreMI completely based on my experiences.
The software is not as simple as advertise and cause more trouble than what advantages it gives.
For example: You will have problems several problems. With ssd trim, as it will not be issued and run by the OS because of AMD StoreMI (aka FuzeDrive) driver - AMD Virtualized AHCI Controller for StoreMI - overtakes the default microsoft Standard SATA AHCI Controller. For me it started using this driver on its own, on the system drive, even though it was not added as a part of the StoreMI configuration.
I contacted Enmotus Support the maker of this software and they confirmed that this is a long standing bug, (trim not working) it will not be fixed in a short period, as it is not high on their priority list, but hope for the best.
Consider the scenario where anything happens to one of your disks, all the data will be lost. Any windows 10 update hiccup as it is quite common, will cause you to lose your data. The software's inner workings is basically hidden to windows, it considers the -2- drives as one raid 0 configuration basically.
Also removing the software involves deleting all your data in the affected disks. If it involves a system disk, you will also have to do manual cleanup, for which the instructions are on their website. Unless you made backups of the data expect a complete wipe.
A quick google will confirm the problems presented by this software.
Long story short, i would not advise to use this program.

ryzen 5600 + 6700 XT
0 Likes