cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Please help me update my AMD drivers for Radeon HD7900 Series

Hello, I need help updating my AMD drivers. I'm very poor with hardware and I'm not sure how to do since every avenue I've used to do it in the past has been seemingly stripped from me. Windows 10 hasn't politely told me I needed to update in a very long time, my "AMD Radeon Settings" only has "Preferences" and "Notifications" at the bottom along with the social media links (the "Update" tab has disappeared) and I can no longer find the AMD auto-detect tool on the website. According to the settings I'm using a Radeon HD 7900 series but when I search for that on the AMD site I get no results. Could someone point me towards the latest update for a HD 7900?

Message was edited by: Matt B

Edit title

0 Likes
1 Solution

Find unknown devices using a vendor and device ID. | Device Hunt

Go to device manager, right click on the AMD graphics/properties..select Device ID. Search for that value in the above app.

(These are examples..not your specific card)

View solution in original post

13 Replies

Laptop or desktop pc ?

If Device manager > display adaptors,or System information > components > display doesn't show full model (e.g 7970, 7950 etc (with, w/out M)).

Then download GPU-Z or Speccy.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Desktop PC.

Device manager also said I had a 7900 and I can't find any "System information" screen that lists my video card, just my processor along with other tidbits.

I'll keep the last part open as an option but I'd rather wait and see if there's any other solutions before I download something (that isn't from AMD).

0 Likes

INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

Describe your system:

• AMD Graphics Card
    • Make and model; e.g. AMD R9 290X
  • Desktop or Laptop System
    • If a laptop, make and model of the Laptop
  • Operating System
    • E.g. Windows 10 64bit
  • Driver version installed
    • E.g. Radeon Software Crimson Edition 15.12
  • CPU/APU
    • Make and model number; e.g. FX 9590
  • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
    • E.g. Thermaltake TR2 700W Gold
  • RAM
    • Amount of memory installed; e.g. 16GB
  • Display Devices
    • Make and model, connection/adapter in use, resolution and refresh rate; e.g. Samsung UE32850R 3840x2160 @60Hz Active DP to HDMI adapter
    • One line for each display device connected

AMD Drivers and Support for Radeon, Radeon Pro, FirePro, APU, CPU, Ryzen, desktops, laptops

0 Likes

AMD Graphics card

-That's kind of the problem, I only know it's an HD 7900

Desktop or laptop

-Desktop

Operating System

-Windows 10 64bit

Driver version installed

-Radeon version 17.7

CPU/APU

-AMD Phenom II X6 1090T

Power supply unit

-No clue.

RAM

-8gb

Display devices

-AOC 2060W3, cannot provide the rest.

0 Likes

Find unknown devices using a vendor and device ID. | Device Hunt

Go to device manager, right click on the AMD graphics/properties..select Device ID. Search for that value in the above app.

(These are examples..not your specific card)

After following the instructions above I got the result of 7950, a valid driver on the AMD site, however looking at the driver downloads I see it listed as "Adrenalin Edition" and according to my AMD settings I'm using "Crimson ReLive". Is that a problem? Did I find the wrong driver or am I just so out of date Adrenalin has replaced Crimson?

0 Likes

Glad you got it sorted...I forgot about that tool, glad you brought it up

0 Likes

You replied faster than I could edit my own message, heh. Afraid I'm not quite done yet.

0 Likes

Adrenalin has replaced the old. Relive is a part of it. You will have the choice to install it during the driver install. Just click Express Install.

0 Likes

DO not select this......

0 Likes

To install (or not) ReLive...this page/option will come up:

0 Likes

You might consider a clean install....Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers

After careful consideration I've decided the manual way to clean install is far to complex for me and I'd probably only make it worse so I decided to install the new drivers without. So far everything seems well and I'm now up to date. Thanks to everyone and especially Kingfish for helping me identify my drivers and with the newest ones the update tab under AMD settings returned so this shouldn't be a problem again in the future.