cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

shaoaz
Adept II

Please fix OpenGL performance for GoldSrc

It's been years since valve removed the DX version of Half-Life 1 and in consequence only OpenGL (Software is out of question.) is available and it performs horrible whenever the flashlight gets turned on in the game, I've tried every GPU panel settings without any success, waited and never has this problem been addressed. I can provide video evidence if that helps, but in all seriousness a game that old shouldn't make my 290X GPU load go from 350MHz to it's maximum then super choppy and nearly unplayable, in some case mods like Afraid Of Monsters or Cry Of Fear do become unplayable. Please fix this odd issue, it ruins this amazing gem of PC gaming on your hardware. Making Nvidia much more appealing towards legacy. It's really a shame to be forced buying and install one of their cards in my system just to enjoy something so specific and old.

Specs;

MOBO: MSI X370 XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.8GHz

RAM: G.Skill Flare X 16GB Dual Channel @ 2.9GHz

GPU: MSI Radeon R9 290X 4GB 512-bit GDDR5

PSU: Seasonic Flagship PRIME TITANIUM 850W

Everything is up to date from the time this was posted.

0 Likes
1 Reply
loz98
Newcomer

I really wish they do, R7 cards should be more than capable of running them smoothly. but alas I doubt they care considering how old these cards are becoming.

0 Likes