Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Highlighted
Adept III
Adept III

Re: Please AMD Release better drivers for Battlefield 1

i don't believe you, everybody else is reporting stutter in DX12, both Nvidia and AMD users

My guess is that you are running vsync off, which means you always see stutter in your games, since your frame rate is never synced with your refresh rate.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Challenger
Challenger

How much RAM do you have?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept III
Adept III

want to reply that after testing dx12 mode again with the new patch and the latest amd drivers as of writing, 16.11.3, i still exhibit stutter... played a round that lasted thirty minutes and had occasional stutter throughout. though i did have MUCH higher minimums than before but still have higher minimums in dx11.

seeing nvidia users complain about it too really does lean it towards being a dice issue but it still be nice if amd looks into it just to help dice fix it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Challenger
Challenger

How much ram are you using

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hey <span style="text-decoration: underline;" data-mce-style="text-decoration: underline;"><span style="...,

Firstly, you have to keep in mind that I'm not an average user by any stretch of the imagination. Secondly, I have no reason to falsify information, nor claims of the performance I receive for Battlefield 1 or any other title. I'm a volunteer technician here in the AMD community support forums, not a paid employee of Advanced Micro Devices. With that being said, I receive no benefit from making such claims other than to express the performance I am currently receiving for the purpose of forthrightness when conversing or troubleshooting someone's issue at hand.

The optimization techniques I deploy on systems are completely thorough, but are very much so available to the general public pending they have the knowledge to perform and maintain such actions. Yet, with that being said an immensely large portion of the general pc community simply doesn't possess the ability to properly maintain their systems in such a manner, which is perfectly understandable, but factual nonetheless.

So, when I state that I am not currently experiencing these issues, I'm not. I'm here to help, not to unnecessarily mislead users and such a claim is insulting.

Now in regards to this statement you made above "My guess is that you are running vsync off, which means you always see stutter in your games, since your frame rate is never synced with your refresh rate."

I possess multiple test bench systems all with differing monitors, some possess Freesync capabilities and some not, yet regardless I always operate said systems with either FRTC enabled or a third party frame limiter to ensure that my frame rate and refresh rate are equal to ensure an optimal experience to ensure stuttering prevention or elimination, which anyone encountering stuttering should be doing without guidance. Yet, if said guidance is needed, I'm more than wiling to assist, but without knowing a user to user experience level, per issue I attempt to assist with on these or other forums, continually mentioning this is needed would be redundant and take up much more of my time than I have available. Yet, this would have eventually been recommended to users experiencing issues in Battlefield 1, when I felt it was the correct time to do so.

I attempt to resolve as many user issues as possible across the net when available, thus anything less would be troubleshooting suicide. Yet considering my dedication and success rate both here in the AMD support forums and across other tech sites, I hardly think changing the way I perform my troubleshooting measures should be up to question by anyone.

So I ask you to offer something tangible to the troubleshooting process, by either requesting assistance providing the necessary data or offering assistance to the community, because this is a support forum, we're here to assist, not mislead users with false data claims. Anything less is a waste of everyone's time, including your own.

tl;dr

Take off the tinfoil hat, no need to be rude or accusatory here in the support forums towards the professional technicians offering voluntary support.

Have a nice day

Highlighted
Adept III
Adept III

Can you take a few screenshots of gameplay with "perfoverlay.drawgraph 1" and "Render.DrawScreenInfo 1" in the console or user.cfg file? You can take screenshots with "Screenshot.Render" in the console, which ends up in your game's Documents folder. Preferably take some screenshots in some smoky, heavily populated areas, like near the train tracks in Amiens.

And I wasn't accusing you of lying, but I did believe that you were experiencing placebo, as is common in the PC games community when a user has tweaked their system ad nauseam to work around some bug in a game. And when you reported an FPS range, that made me think you were generally running with the frame rate uncapped, which doesn't look good in motion.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Challenger
Challenger

Dude why are you getting so upset about the topic. Alot of people are having issues with Battlefield 1, every time DICE releases a game its the same thing over and over. i created this thread at the hopes of AMD releasing optimised drivers for Battlefield 1, like how Nvidia's drivers are better for GTAV. The last three driver releases clearly state in the know issues, that it has Battlefield 1 issues, which i find unacceptable for a game of this magnitude.

Also i have lots of experience in troubleshooting PC's, been doing it since the Pentium 1 days. All my drivers are up to date, from chipset to video card. BIOS up to date, no junkware or unnecessary apps installed. The game at this current state is terrible and the drivers are not helping it either. You claim the game is fine but Battlelog, Nvidia and  AMD forums are full of complaints. DX12 Stuttering Issues 8gb and 16gb, Crashing, DX crashing and loads more, All three parties need to address the issues.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

"Dude I don't think he is "getting so upset about the topic".....I think he may be a little bent because some "user" (substituted word) comes to the forum asking for help, receives a reply and calls him a liar.  And then his clone backs him up?

People that have been around the forum for more than a few weeks know savagebeastzero  and the thoroughness of his responses.

Highlighted
Adept III
Adept III

I fuly agree with you King.

I do not have major issues playing BF1 on dual Strix  R9 390. No issues on campagin mide on DX11 (Xfire) and DX12(single gpu as BF1 do not support crossfire onDX12 yet).

On Multi-player mode, no issues crossfiring  on DX11. On DX12, there are slight blue screen flickering ocassionally. 16.11.1 seems to resolve the blue flickering screen.

I am gaming on a 1080p monitor and custom watercooling on both gpus and cpu. It is cumbersome to trouble-shoot gpu or other hardware problems but if there is a need to, I still have to.

I dont know why he is having such major issues? Maybe he has a gpu problem on one of the card? See no reason why he did not isolate  and swap gpu to see if there is a problem if he is on stock air cooling.

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Try settings Post Processing to Low to see if that helps.

0 Kudos