cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ozi
Journeyman III

Please add support for AMD Radeon R9 380 for Windows 7 32bit

I do not understand why there is no support for this bit, because with PAE patch -windows works fine and there is no need to switch to x64! ...; (
I'm using your products, but I do not want to switch to x64 because I do not see the point ...

0 Likes
6 Replies

AMD dropped support for 32 bit operating systems in 2017, while nVidia dropped support this year. There is no reason to use a 32 bit operating system. PAE doesn't magically make the limitations of 32 bit disappear.

Just so you know these forums are not a place to address AMD and ask for feature requests. This forum is just your peers helping each other not AMD employees. While I understand that for some a 32 bit OS still meets their needs, the reality is there just are not enough people using 32 bit at this point to make it worth the effort. Only those with either older requirements with no upgrade path or very proprietary needs should be using 32 bit at this point. It will be quickly slipping into the pages of history. I get that it sucks to have to replace something that still fits your needs.

0 Likes

Most applications I use are -32 bits Windows 64 bit-uses the x32 emulation mode for 32-bit applications because of what consumes more system resources and loses part of the speed up to 40% ..- this has a HUGE value! Patch PAE-can and not magically allows you to work with a large number of frames for what a drop in performance I did not notice! ...

A huge percentage of people-use Windows only for work purposes, for example office tasks, especially as the rise in prices for computer peripherals-makes the use of 32-bit o.s. in countries with a low level of income - like never before! ...Nvidia made a huge mistake that it stopped supporting 32bit OS. AMD would have only won if it did not stop support, it's clear things! ...

Thanks for the answer!..

0 Likes

I absolutely get what you have said. Unfortunately so many corporate decisions are made in accounting, and the only thing the account for is dollars. This is hardly unique to AMD. The support time frames are definitely getting smaller. This is an unfortunate side affect of living in a world of consumers that constantly insists on lower pricing, computers are way cheaper than they have ever been. Something has to give to get to those price points and most of the time it is quality and/or support that gets hurt. The good in all of this, while unfortunately costing more, to replace more often, is we also live in a world where the technology we use is becoming antiquated quickly from a security stand point. While we would all like to hang on to things to save some bucks, not keeping up with new tech could ultimately cost a lot more, if you are compromised. So the silver lining could be that being forced to move forward may actually in hind sight have been a very good thing. Just a glass half full look on things.

0 Likes

No problem.

Use PAEpatch or fix128 to unlock >4GB memory on the 32-bits systems.

0 Likes
ozi
Journeyman III

Passed to x64 system

0 Likes