cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

amd_64
Adept I

Please add an option to Disable Hotkeys in Radeon Software

Please dear AMD devs. Put a stupid DISABLE HOTKEY option. The amount of customers that want refunds and then buy Nvidia is driving us crazy. Put in a bloody checkbox already. I'm getting tired of DELETING the Radeon Relive EXE's just so clients can have new drivers without stupid hotkeys. I myself am so tempted to just buy NV already. What a stupid annoying oversight.

1 Solution

I did speak with them today and embarrassingly, it was another programs hotkey that were being triggered. But the great guy at AMD helped me figure it out. Kudos to Kyle!!!

View solution in original post

19 Replies
atmcp
Adept I

I would be a little more polite, but you are right basically.

I was working in Photoshop yesterday and could not inverse my selection (ctrl + shift + i). Instead I took a Radeon Screenshot. Haven´t figured out in 3 minutes how to switch that crab off in the drivers settings so I just used the photoshop menus since then.

Gonna look into it today but... 

fujiyama-95
Challenger

They do have a disable hotkey option... You literally go into the "hotkeys" section and select the hotkey then hit the DELETE key. 

Don't take this personally but it's this type of comment that ruins software and makes excuses for sloppy and lazy programming. As someone who has been in the industry for almost 25 years. Having to physically select EACH hotkey and then deleting the assignment is NOT the same as have a simple option to disable ALL hotkeys. What if I just want them disabled for today? Using the solution you suggested, what a mess!? Get the new update next month and then what?

As for being polite, people have been asking for this most basic "feature" since the hotkeys first launched. It's nothing short of pathetic. Not everyone is a darn gamer and needs hotkeys permanently enabled. Thanks for censoring my subject mods...pity your devs / qa don't work for my company as they'd be looking for new jobs or more specifically their dev manager. I see this brain drain in so many software industries of late. All flash and so little on the functional side.

Before I get accused of being anti AMD. I have personally in my house 7pc's 5 of which are AMD's from APU's to R9's. I have deliberately stocked AMD at my stores when suppliers have given me better pricing on Intel's but I am now sick and tired of filling out how many surveys on your software and the most basic of things don't work or are oversights from AMD. I'm all for the underdog but enough is enough already.

This is a 5 min fix. Just wrap up the hotkey code with a simple *if chkHotkeys.Checked then* then please move on to OpenCL on Linux...

Totally agree.

I recently changed to AMD, and have to say, that I already miss NVidia software because of this.
I want export a picture in Gimp, and a Stream&Recording window pops up.
I want the info window in Gimp, and AMD software takes a screenshot.
It's not very user friendly if you must change the hotkeys every time I use a different software or game.

Please AMD, just add this option. 

AMD software dev team must live inside a small bubble.
-> No other software present from their view: so no problems.
... and when the real life users report the real problems, AMD can not understand why it is is not working.

Bought my first AMD parts in december 2020.
Up until then, I did not believe the comments about the bad software/drivers.
... well, my mind was changed. This is indeed very frustrating and crazy to see no changes,
no response to customer feedback, no changes to actual problems,
out of the box settings are overclocking the hardware to instability. crazy. 

Wake up AMD. please.

--- [ CPU: Ryzen 7 3800XT | GPU: ASRock RX 5700XT Challenger Pro 8GB | driver: 24.1.1 ]
--- [ MB: MSI B550-A Pro AGESA 1.2.0.7 | RAM: 2x 16GB 3600-CL16 | chipset: 6.01.25.342 ]

As an editor the short cuts in my program overlap with hotkeys in AMD. I have all disabled the hot keys in AMD but cannot find CTRL+SHIFT+A  which I use all the time when I edit. 

Do you know where this hotkey lives in 2021 version of AMD software?

0 Likes

As an editor the short cuts in my program overlap with hotkeys in AMD. I have all disabled the hot keys in AMD but cannot find CTRL+SHIFT+A  which I use all the time when I edit. 

Do you know where this hotkey lives in 2021 version of AMD software?

ALT+Z  Really? They are implicitly overriding default hotkey for word wrap in ANY editor?

Hi Group,

I have seen several posts here complaining about the hot keys interfering with other software. Many hot keys can be disabled in the hot key menu but others, like CNTL+shift+A which is a standard deselect in most programs, are not in the list and cannot be disabled.  Does AMD follow this forum? Or is this just a place for users to share experiences? Is there a better place to ask AMD to fix the hot key issue?

J

Did you report it using the AMD Bug Reporting Tool at the very top right of the Adrenalin 2020 GUI/UI?

Note the Bug Reporting Tool will trawl your PC for Data.

There is no opt out to that. 

However it is the only way to report a bug to AMD. 

More info here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/amdbrt

If you do file a bug report with the Bug Reporting tool, please ask them for an opt out to the Data Trawl so I can report Bugs again...

You can try email support here as well: 
https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact
There is a "Contact Support" button at the bottom of the page. 
It points here:
https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

They will likely tell you to run the Bug Reporting Tool though.

Thanks. 

I did speak with them today and embarrassingly, it was another programs hotkey that were being triggered. But the great guy at AMD helped me figure it out. Kudos to Kyle!!!

Earnhardt
Grandmaster

sure they are....

egnbnd
Journeyman III

ALT+Z  Really? You are implicitly overriding default hotkey for word wrap in ANY editor?

WHY ISN'T THERE A GLOBAL - "STOP MONITORING THE KEYBOARD" CHECKBOX?  WHAT ELSE ARE THEY DOING BY INTERCEPTING ALL THE KEYSTROKES?!  RIDICULOUS.  GARBAGE ATTITUDE.

0 Likes
turnkit
Journeyman III

FRIGGIN IRRATATING.  TRYING TO WORK AND THE STUPID VIDEO HOT-KEYS TAKING OVER.  I UNINSTALLED THE ENTIRE APP AND THEN I LOST THE VIDEO DRIVERS SO I HAD TO REINSTALL.

AMD - MAKE THE HOTKEYS EASIER TO TURN OFF.   JERKS.

AND YES I AM HAVING A BAD DAY.  AND YES AMD RUINING MY PRODUCTIVITY IS PART OF IT

0 Likes

Hotkeys can be disabled, see the screenshot below. 

amdmatt_0-1628491092395.png

Well nice. Only took a bit more than a year. Thanks AMD.

Have not been using Radeon Software anymore, because of other bugs.
So this kinda feels like "they wanted it, lets give it to them after a year, who cares".

I am glad it is there now - might be useful for people in the future. So we got that going. Great.

--- [ CPU: Ryzen 7 3800XT | GPU: ASRock RX 5700XT Challenger Pro 8GB | driver: 24.1.1 ]
--- [ MB: MSI B550-A Pro AGESA 1.2.0.7 | RAM: 2x 16GB 3600-CL16 | chipset: 6.01.25.342 ]
0 Likes

There are some Hot Keys which cannot be disabled because they aren't mentioned anywhere like Shift+Ctrl+I which is also the default Hotkey for inverse selection in Photoshop and I don't intend to change that. Whenever I pushed these key combinations, the video screenshot option of Radeon software came up. Ultimately I got fade up and uninstalled the software completely using DDU and then reinstalled the old driver and Catalyst Install Manager and Catalyst Control Center and that is working fine. Moreover I didn't feel anything special after installing the latest Radeon software other than this annoying bug. I don't know how many more bugs are there but I don't want to find out.

0 Likes
nate_li
Journeyman III

Yes, I saw the disable button now. The frigging hotkeys, are re-activated every time I restart my computer. I had to be interrupted at least once a day to open the frigging raedon software menu and re-toggle the darn switch.

0 Likes