cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

doczg
Journeyman III

playready 3.0 for vega , pretty please ?

Its almost 2019 , lower tier graphics cards have it , amd You can do it , all that power in a card and DRM is a problem , come on

0 Likes
1 Solution

I'm not sure this is a "CORRECT ANSWER" the question wasn't if support exists or is the lack thereof a bug. The point is that this PROMISED COMING FEATURE TO VEGA IS STILL MISSING. AMD made comments to several tech sites that support would be coming to POLARIS AND VEGA in 2018. We got POLARIS support but no VEGA SUPPORT. So what I read into what the OP is asking is hey AMD it's 2019 in 2 days, when can we expect this support on our VEGA cards not that it doesn't support it, we know that already, wasn't even the question. Unless you are speaking for AMD and now releasing the statement that support is not ever coming on VEGA? If so that would be huge news for all the tech sites that already spoke on AMD's behalf that this feature would be supported.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies

Contact AMD, they won't get your message here. This is a USER TO USER only forum. So others like you, not AMD. Send them your thoughts please. Trust me many don't understand why this is still not supported. The more that voice their opinion the better.

Online Service Request | AMD

0 Likes

thanks , I have send them an email , I will post back the response.

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Unfortunately Vega does not currently support Playready 3.0. You will receive the same answer via a online service request if you submit one.

0 Likes

I'm not sure this is a "CORRECT ANSWER" the question wasn't if support exists or is the lack thereof a bug. The point is that this PROMISED COMING FEATURE TO VEGA IS STILL MISSING. AMD made comments to several tech sites that support would be coming to POLARIS AND VEGA in 2018. We got POLARIS support but no VEGA SUPPORT. So what I read into what the OP is asking is hey AMD it's 2019 in 2 days, when can we expect this support on our VEGA cards not that it doesn't support it, we know that already, wasn't even the question. Unless you are speaking for AMD and now releasing the statement that support is not ever coming on VEGA? If so that would be huge news for all the tech sites that already spoke on AMD's behalf that this feature would be supported.

0 Likes

Three months have passed in 2020 and Is there any updates on this? Both RX480/580 and RX 5700 series does support PlayReady 3.0 and why skip the Vega series? Vega GPUs have been widely used in discrete graphics cards and APUs including the forthcoming Ryzen 4000 series APU, and there have been previous reports that AMD will bring PlayReady 3.0 support to Vega in the future. What are the reasons for the delay in enabling support? Is it a technical issue or a hardware limitation? I really don't want to buy a notebook with Ryzen 4000 series installed and find that it still does not support PlayReady 3.0. amdmatt

AMD 18.4.1 Driver Brings Beta PlayReady 3.0 Support for Polaris; Support for Vega GPUs & APUs Still ... 

AMD's PlayReady 3.0 In Polaris, Vega GPUs, APUs to Enable 4K HDR Streaming on PC | TechPowerUp 

0 Likes
doczg
Journeyman III

Yep , You got the point , I believe the companies read forums , so also just to know if playready 3.0 will not be supported is a goal too.

I can go and buy 1050 ti , but I have hard time understanding why is enabled on rx 560/80 and not on vega ? what is the reasoning?

0 Likes
microfast
Journeyman III

Vega never will have Playready 3.0 support because is not compatible with hdcp 2.2; I have noted this more than an year ago and never had an answer about it.

0 Likes

That may be absolutely true. They should come out and say that then officially. Instead the only statements I found were where they told tech sites that support would be coming. 

0 Likes
urielejh
Elite

RVII and no PlayReady 3.0 support. This is not even a shame, it's ridicolous.