cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

mjelic
Adept I

Permanently Remove RX Vega Display adapter?

I have a Windows 10 v.1903 machine that originally had only a RYZEN 5 2400G with Radeon Vega Graphics driving the HDMI port on the motherboard.  I have since purchased a GTX 1070 video card which is now driving both monitors. (I no longer use the onboard HDMI connector.)

I have disable the inbuilt GPU via BIOS and have multiple times uninstalled the "AMD Radeon RX Vega 11 Graphics" driver from the Device Manager... But it keeps coming back.

Now I would not usually care if the internal GPU was present or not... But a number of software titles are crashing and I can't even complete the UserBenchmark tests as they have an error during the graphic test routines. MSI Afterburner is reporting that an RX Vega 11 Graphics is acting as the master in the Multi-GPU role... Which we all know it shouldn't be.

How do I totally disable the inbuilt GPU and remove all drivers related to it and make sure they don't come back unless I re-enable it in the BIOS?

Thanks in advance,

Mark

0 Likes
1 Solution

Right click on it under Display Adapters and click Disable device, which will prevent any application from using it, as if you uninstall it Windows will just redetect it. Also in your BIOS set the primary display adapter to PCIe.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Right click on it under Display Adapters and click Disable device, which will prevent any application from using it, as if you uninstall it Windows will just redetect it. Also in your BIOS set the primary display adapter to PCIe.

Thanks!
For the record, I used "AMDCleanupUtility-x64" to remove all the drivers. This helped but as you said, Windows just found it again and installed "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter"... Which I have now disabled.

That said, I still can't run the UserBenchMark tests... It does the first one with the plane flying around and then stops doing the graphics ones. But MSI Afterburner is at least reporting the GPU temp and has the GTX 1070 as the only card available.

Thanks for the reply!

0 Likes