Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

lenselman
Adept I

Performance issues on CS:GO

Hello there,
Recently i got stuttering or sudden fps drop for 3-4 seconds in CS:GO. My fps drops from 300 to 40-30 suddenly for 3-4 seconds and i dont know why it happens. I tried to look for solutions and applied them however, nothing changed. I tried to lower all the graphics, changed settings from GPU software to help with performance, tried to verify game files and even tried beta versions of the game in settings; even beta release of steam yet, nothing solved. I have updated windows 11 and GPU driver as well as other hardwares are up to date. I don't get it why do i have this problem. I never experienced this before. Here are my system specs:

Processor - AMD Ryzen 5 5600 6-Core Processor
Video Card - AMD Radeon RX 6650 XT
Operating System -Windows 11
RAM 16 GB

0 Likes
1 Solution
lenselman
Adept I

I SOLVED THE PROBLEM

I installed a software called FluentSearch from Microsoft Store and noticed it was using so much hardware. I killed the process from task manager and it solved my stuttering problem.

View solution in original post

11 Replies

When you installed the drivers, did you allow "AMD User Experience ? If so,  use the drop down and choose 'leave the program'. Then reboot your computer.

0 Likes
lenselman
Adept I

i think i allowed that option. did you mean downgrade the driver version by "use the drop down"? 

0 Likes

I found how to leave what you just mentioned on the settings and did it, restart my pc then but nothing changed. Still have issues

0 Likes

it didnt work. sorry

0 Likes
Thomasdk1405
Adept III

Hi

CS:go is very old game - one of those old ones is able to trick driver and card down to low clock and low fps. You need to - everytime you install driver / update it:

1. Disable ULPS (google how to do or just download MSI afterburner and disable in settings)

2. Make a custom setting in the performance tab - here you must raise min. clock to around 2100 or 2200 mhz or around 200-300 mhz below your max clock. In this way to prevent a game to be able to throttle down to 500 mhz !!!

The above is the only settings I do and have - and ever since I learned this I have had zero problems with this !

0 Likes
lenselman
Adept I

hey. thx for the reply. the option two is about cpu or gpu? and it is applicable on radeon software right?

0 Likes

Hi

yep that is GPU and in arenalin driver sw. You hit performance tab - enter custom button - raise power limit to max (+15) and then raise min clock to some 200 mhz below max. Or you look at cards spec for clock - here they always state clock and boost clock. Just make sure that min. clock is NOT 500 mhz !

0 Likes

i did those settings that you mentioned and it crashed my game xd

0 Likes
lenselman
Adept I

UPDATE: I noticed that when i begin to walk in game, it drops 15 fps from 250-300 fps suddenly. when i stay and look around, shoot somewhere or enemies, it won't drop any fps. it begins with me moving in game. i dont understand why it happened.

0 Likes
lenselman
Adept I

I SOLVED THE PROBLEM

I installed a software called FluentSearch from Microsoft Store and noticed it was using so much hardware. I killed the process from task manager and it solved my stuttering problem.