cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

aoktaybavli
Journeyman III

Performance Drop After Updating My Drivers to 19.1.1

I updated AMD Radeon video card drivers to the 19.1.1 version. But after the update, games are slow and freezing. I'm back to the old version, but the same problem goes on.

12 Replies

Need to give more information on your computer setup. Otherwise it will be a guessing game. INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION 

You right.Sorry my fault.

HP-W7S99EA Laptop

RAM-8GB

CPU AMD A8 7410 with R5 graphic(APU) (1 GB)

GPU-R7 M340 (4GB) (When I first got it, it looked like r7 m440, but later it was r7 m340.)

Bios Version F.3.3

Radeon Version-Radeon Adrenaline 2019 19.1.1

Windows 10 64x 1809

0 Likes

Hello! Try to kill the driver with a special utility that is located in the root of "C: \ Program Files \ AMD \ CIM \ BIN64 \ AMDCleanupUtility.exe" The program itself to boot through the "safe mode" and will uninstall. (: Of course, if you have not tried this method yet ) Then perform a clean install of the old, workable version of the driver. 

Well, good luck :3
0 Likes

I would be extremely careful of following this advice as it WILL REMOVE ALL AMD DRIVERS FROM THE DEVICE NOT JUST GPU. If you choose to follow this advice make sure you have all drivers for your laptop downloaded to your computer first. Chipset, usb, network, audio etc.....   This advice is like using a sledge hammer to insert a push pin on note board. It can be very useful but should be a last resort fix. Again your issue is more likely the driver you are loading isn't optimized for your device and I would very much suggest you at least try what I said first. You can always move on to more extreme advice later. It's pretty hard to work that in revers order though. The better intermediate advice is to use the clean install option in the apu installer, not to be confused with the cleanup util referenced by toundra as it only removes the apu/gpu driver. Again start with the likely easy fix first and work you way to more extreme measures as needed. You are certainly welcome to try any advice you are give. I can only offer my opinion based on over 30 years as an IT professional. 

0 Likes

If you are getting drivers from AMD that is where you are going wrong. Always get laptop drivers from the laptop makers!

If they don't have the current updated driver complain to the company that made your laptop they owe you continued support not AMD. Laptop drivers typically contain changes that coincide with changes in hardware that the laptop makers choose to do to their product. Most laptops don't follow reference specs from AMD, so the makers modify the drivers. The vanilla AMD drivers from AMD don't and can't incorporate those changes, as they didn't make your laptop and have no idea what HP changed. So typically when people come here blaming the new drivers it is because they didn't load the newest driver from their laptop maker, and or they didn't load the right driver. For instance on your setup, you don't install the GPU driver for the R7, you only load the APU driver and it will load the driver for the discrete graphics too. Very common mistake. So I again suggest getting your drivers only from HP. Follow any instructions for installation from HP. If they offer no guidance the following information may be of help:

Then following instructions also may help with understanding loading drivers on dual graphics laptops: 

Laptop graphics update...How to   &  Configuring Laptop Switchable Graphics on a Windows® Based System | AMD 

First of all thank you for your help. But there are drivers in 2016 on the site of HP. Will they be compatible with the new Windows version if I install them?

0 Likes

I tried what you said. But my computer slowed down. Again I am installing version 19.1.1. This is so boring. There was no freezing problem in version 18.2.2. When I return to that version, it freezes.

0 Likes

Did you download and install the driver for the APU or the GPU?

0 Likes
aoktaybavli
Journeyman III

I tried both. I removed it with DDU. The result is negative. I just turned my computer into factory settings. Nothing has changed.

0 Likes

On HP's support site for your model laptop:

Driver and Software Update with Windows Update on an HP PC running Windows 10

1. In the Windows search bar, search for updates and check it open.
  2. On the Windows Update page, click the ”Check for Updates“ button.
  3. If existing updates are available, they will automatically start to be installed.

In the Update Settings -> Advanced Options -> How to install updates area, you can manage the deployment and installation of Updates.

For detailed steps and additional information, please click here .

HP Dizüstü Bilgisayarlar için HP Yazılım ve Sürücü indirme Dosyaları| HP® Müşteri Destek Birimi 

0 Likes
aoktaybavli
Journeyman III

Thanks for your help. But I haven't slept in two days. I just tried to solve this computer problem. I'm not gonna deal anymore. I sent it to a technical service. I'il write down the result

0 Likes
aoktaybavli
Journeyman III

Problem not solved. Still have.

0 Likes