cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

PCI updating issue

Hi, 

So I have a fairly new AMD machine and cant seem to update any of the PCI devices.

The issue I am having is my Nintendo Switch Pro controller isn't being recognized by win 10. This controller worked with no problems on my last win 10 machine but that was an Intel build. 

My current build is:
AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor 3.70 GHz
ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi) ATX Motherboard

I read online that either a driver or a chipset needs to be updated but I cant specifically find my processor on here. 

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks 

0 Likes
5 Replies

It is not the processor you need to update but the motherboard's X570 CHIPSET.

Here is AMD latest CHIPSET Driver package from AMD Download page: https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/x570

I have a similar Asus motherboard as you do and both Asus CHIPSET and AMD CHIPSET drivers installs successfully.

See if you can update the driver in Device Manager.

Check too see if you have any errors showing in Device Manager and if so what are the exact errors showing?

How is your Nintendo Switch Pro connected to your computer?

0 Likes

After installing the chipset from here 
https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards-Components/Motherboards/All-series/TUF-GAMING-X570-PLUS-WI-FI/H...

The PCI issue in the Device Manager went away. 

However my Pro Controller is still not recognized by my machine

0 Likes

Doesn't that have a specific driver from the manufacturer to install?

I would open a Nintendo Switch Pro Support ticket and ask them what can be the cause.

My ideas are:

Could be a Windows update

Updating BIOS version to 3001 might help if you haven't done so yet. Note you can't downgrade to previous BIOS when on 3001 version.

Need a Nintendo Pro driver from the manufacturer if applicable. Try updating the Nintendo Switch Pro software that comes with you hardware and see if it is recognized by Windows.

Bad USB cable

Bad USB port on motherboard

Defective Nintendo Pro

Windows doesn't recognize the Nintendo Pro while using USB or Wireless? 

Is it recognized while hooked up via USB or while Wireless?

Does Device Manager show your Nintendo Switch Pro?

Are there any errors showing in Device Manager?

Connect your Nintendo on a different computer and see if it is recognized or not.

EDIT: You motherboard uses the same BIOS as my motherboard. I found out if you upgrade your BIOS to version 3001 you can't downgrade the BIOS to an earlier version.  I might be wrong but another User with the same BIOS had the same issue.

3001 seems to be a stable version according to the other User. I also updated my BIOS to version 3001 and my motherboard seems to be working fine. In fact my Bluetooth headphones are working better with the new BIOS version.

So both Chipsets were updated. AMD and Asus. 

Windows Still not identifying the controller via USB.

Controller and USB cable are fully functional. I went and tested them on my old PC (now girlfriends computer) 

USB ports work fine, I used the same USB cable and ports with my Google Pixel 4a and it identified it right away in Windows.

Pro controllers again work fine with the Switch and with my Old Intel system.

Windows does discover the Controller via Bluetooth but when trying to use it in Steam it stops functioning. 

No errors in device manager.

I'll have to check my BIOS version to see what I'm running.  

EDIT:

AtomicToyRobot_0-1614132559795.png

0 Likes

There are reports of problems with multiple usb devices on Ryzen5xxx/5xx mobo.

Have you tried unplugging some other device you don't need while using the controller, and/or turning off 'usb selective suspend' in windows advanced power settings.

AMD has requested that people send detailed bug report of issue.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..