cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Cjaye
Journeyman III

PC won't wake from sleep

As the title says. I was given a ROG-STRIX-LC-RX6900XT-T16G-GAMING GPU a week or so ago. Before then I had a 3070. Since installing the 6900 my computer has not been waking from sleep. I found a solution on the AMD forums and here that noted turning off the option to allow the computer to turn off the ATI/AMD USB 3.10 host controller and this did not work. As far as I can tell all of my drivers are up to date. Any suggestions?

Computer Type: Desktop

GPU: 6900xt strix

CPU: i7 12700k

Motherboard: Z690p-D4

BIOS Version:

RAM: 32GB Corsair

PSU: Corsair RM1000x 1000w Gold

Case: Corsair 5000d

Operating System & Version: WINDOWS 10 PRO 19045

GPU Drivers: 22.10.3

Chipset Drivers: Unsure

Background Applications: Discord, Chrome

Description of Original Problem: Since installing the 6900XT my computer will not wake from sleep. Additionally, my screens will randomly flash on and off for a random amount of time.

Troubleshooting: I found a solution on the AMD forums and here that noted turning off the option to allow the computer to turn off the ATI/AMD USB 3.10 host controller and this did not work. Also used the DDU tool to uninstall all NVIDIA/AMD/INTEL drivers then did a clean install of the AMD drivers and this did not fix the issue.

0 Likes
1 Reply
ThreeDee
Paragon

things to try/do that might help

Update your motherboards BIOS

Go to Intel.com and run their Driver Update Utility and install/update any drivers it finds that need installed/updated 

Make sure you are running separate power cables from your power supply to each power input on your GPU (don't daisy chain power plugins off one power cable)

Go into Device Manager and under View check "Show hidden devices" and under display adapter, make sure your old GPU isn't showing there .. IF it is, simply remove it

Make sure your Windows install is up to date

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes