Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Pal557
Journeyman III

PC won’t post after MSI RX580 driver update

Hi,

Built my son a small gaming PC in 2019. Ryzen 5, windows 10-64, tomahawk B450 and MSI  RX580 gpu.

Kept getting a message saying graphics drivers needed an update to play some of his games.

Headed over to AMD.com and downloaded latest drivers for his card, ran program and auto restart.

PC restarted, lights and fans spinning up but no post to monitor. Left it for a good 30 minutes but no still no post. Hard shut down and restart, nothing.

Im thinking jumping from 2 year old drivers to the latest may have been an error. How can I try and resolve this is I can’t see anything? Do I unplug the card and use the integrated on the motherboard to try and resolve?  But how can I fix a gpu that’s not plugged in?

Worst timing as it’s the start of the school holidays.

Any help would be much appreciated.

1 Reply

Is windows build version later than 2019 build & up to date.

Switch over to integrated graphics, check that Windows 'Fast Start-up' is not enabled in Windows Power Options.

Also disable any Non windows app/software from 'Start-up' in Task Manager, and you might have check every 3rd party app your son has installed is not enabled to auto start on boot..

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes