Journeyman III

PC Unstable and static on screen

PC specs : 

MB : Asus prime B450M-A

APU : Ryzen 5 2400G

Ram: Kingston fury hyperX 8GB 2666Mhz 1 dimm

Windows 10 Pro X64 build 1809

Thats it.

i've build this pc 4 months ago and right away i had issues regarding the graphics. the first days the pc keeps freezing. if it was idling. then it had some issues i forgot. but mostly the freezing and static and random loss of screen whlie the pc still plays a video (audio hearable) on screen is annoying. i dont game i just watch youtube and minor scripting and sometimes NFS Underground 1. i reinstalled drivers and nothing worked , to the point I thought i couldnt find it ever. then i thought what if i removed all display drivers and run stock windows driver (removed everthing with DDU) and all my problems were gone. pc didnt freeze anymore and no static. then i reinstlled the latest driver and all problems came back. and now i have a flikking screen  while loading youtube vids. so what now should i throw the APU in the bin? I already did an RMA on my MOBO because a VGA port suddenly stopt working. i really dont know, how to solve this ; i think it a driver issue and a friend of my works  as a computer technician says the same. i dont know if anyone else has these symptoms but i hope you can help me.

0 Likes
2 Replies
joshuaq
Journeyman III

well too bad no one has this problem

0 Likes
flacofallas
Adept II

I'm have the same issues with two diferents PCs:

Ryzen 3 2200g + RX480 in a 1600X900 monitor with a VGA-HDMI adapter (So I blame that combination)

But suddenly, in my other PC: Ryzen 5 3600 + RX 5700 + 1920X1080 happens once.

Both with the same driver 19.12.2.

0 Likes