cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

cookirei
Adept I

PC stutter after install radeon adrenalin software

Previously I had a PC AMD Ryzen 5 2600, MSI b450 Tomahawk, RX590 Sapphire. I just bought the latest ROG Strix x570-f gaming mobo. after i plug in everything, then i installed radeon software but during the install process, my pc becomes stutter and so on. I've tried fresh re-install windows but this problem still appears. What should I do?

4 Replies
kshutch00
Adept III

Are you doing any monitoring like with with hwmonitor or cpuid?  Start there to see if something in your system is being taxed heavily.  I am assuming since you did not say, this is happening regardless of what you are are doing meaning typical use, browsing, gaming, etc...

Maybe your old board had some bios settings that your new board does not have set?

0 Likes

i've checked on hwmonitor and nothing weird. 

0 Likes

this problem disappears if I uninstall radeon software using AMD Cleanup Utility, but after that I don't have any drivers installed

Have you tried going into safe mode and using DDU to remove the drivers and then back in normal windows extract the AMD drivers from the radeon installer but do not install them.  Use the device manager and put the path the drivers extracted to in the "Update Driver" portion of the display adapter properties.  This installs the driver but not the Radeon software.

Some people say when installing the Radeon software if they choose gaming as the use, they have issues but do not have issue if they choose normal.  Still, try the DDU (just search DDU on google) in safe mode, extract the Radeon drivers, copy the path its extracting to, then install the drivers through the display adapter in device manager.  See if that helps.

0 Likes