cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

allenxwang10
Journeyman III

PC Severely Under-performing

I recently bought an HP Pavilion 690-0024 Gaming Desktop, prebuilt, to replace my 4 year old desktop (a Dell XPS 8700 with a GTX 750Ti). The full specs for my new Pavilion are here: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06124756 but the gist of it is a Ryzen 5 2400G CPU, with 8 GB of DDR4-2666 RAM, and an AMD RX 580 GPU. It has a 400W Platinum Rated PSU.

Now, my issue is, my old PC could churn out an average of 80-140 FPS on 720p All-low settings on CS:GO. After just receiving my new PC today, it has delivered almost the exact same performance on the same settings, when I expected it to be much more powerful. A YouTuber reviewed a Pavilion PC that was slightly different, but around the same capability (i5-7400, GTX 1060 3GB, 8GB DDR4-2400 RAM), and he played CS:GO as a benchmark on 1080p, all-high settings, and got 200+ FPS consistently. What's wrong with my PC? Please help, I feel really disappointed so far in this purchase.

0 Likes
1 Solution

It could be your power supply....a 550watt is recommended PSU REQUIREMENTS - RealHardTechX . It could be you do not have your Power Limit settings applied correctly AMD graphics performance

View solution in original post

3 Replies

It could be your power supply....a 550watt is recommended PSU REQUIREMENTS - RealHardTechX . It could be you do not have your Power Limit settings applied correctly AMD graphics performance

Thank you so much, you've saved me. Increasing the Max temperature to the settings you suggested gave me a 100 FPS boost immediately. Just wondering, is 75 deg C acceptable? I'm only using the stock fans that came with my PC.

0 Likes

I hope you mis-typed 'increasing Max temperature' and meant Power Limit.

You have set it correctly...please don't do anything else   If you mess with all those fancy settings, you'll wind up whining on dozens of forums...like here. 

0 Likes