Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

someone2
Journeyman III

PC reboots for unknown reason, drivers related

Hello,

I have an issue that my PC restarts shortly after launching a game, when doing other stuff i.e watching youtube/netflix nothing happens.

GPU
Radeon RX 580 Series
CPU
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X Six-Core Processor
6 Cores

All my drivers are up to date, I even tried completely removig them and reinstalling (usig clean boot and DDU), but the issue still persists.

Every time after booting the PC there is this error in event viewer:

Could not start AMDRyzenMasterDriverV19 The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

(rough translation from Hebrew).

After an internet research it seems the PC reboot issue and this error are related but I couldn't find a solution.

Important note, RyzenMaster software is not even installed, I dont know if I can just remove it or not and how to.

I verified that in the registry:

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\AMDRyzenMasterDriverV19

the Imagepath is valid the the driver actually exist there.

'C:\WINDOWS\system32\AMDRyzenMasterDriver.sys'

This issue just stops me from enyoing gaming, really appreciate some help.

Thanks

1 Reply

From this Microsoft Forum Thread (2021) it seems like the main culprit is a recent Windows Update: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amdryzenmasterdriver-fail-after-windows-update...

Also this MS Thread (2022): https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-amdryzenmasterdriver-service-failed-to-sta...

Use DDU with the internet/WiFi disconnected and deleting the AMD Installation folder at C:\AMD and install the AMD driver again. See if the error continues.

If it does try the latest version of Ryzen Master for your Ryzen processor and uninstall it and see if the problem persists.

You can use MS Install/Uninstall Tool to remove Ryzen Master to make sure all Windows Registry is deleted.

0 Likes