cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Kalnon
Journeyman III

PC randomly starting after installing 22.5.1

After installing to the latest 22.5.1 WHQL version of the drivers for my 5700 XT, my PC now seem to restart for no reason sometimes, right when I'm in the middle of a game usually.  The only things that have changed on my PC is there was a Windows 10 update and I installed the drivers.  It doesn't happen a lot but it's happened 3 times to me in the past week or so.  At first I though it was either my GPU or CPU overheating but I've been monitoring my system temps while I'm gaming, since the first time it happened and they've been fine.  Does anyone think it could be the AMD drivers?

PC Specs: Ryzen 5800X, Corsair 32Gb 3600Mhz, Sapphire Nitro+ 6900 XT
Hobbies: Flight Simulation, Gaming
0 Likes
4 Replies

Hello, when the restart occurs go to windows event log to see which error is. Post it here.

0 Likes

I tried posting the event log but the forum won't let me.  It keeps telling me to remove a bunch of information in the log text.  As for my PSU I have a Seasonic Focus GX-650 (650W).  I've been using it in this system for almost two years now without issue.  Of course there is the possibility that something has gone wrong with it.  When I built my PC I did my homework on PSU's to make sure I had one that was adequate for my system's needs.

PC Specs: Ryzen 5800X, Corsair 32Gb 3600Mhz, Sapphire Nitro+ 6900 XT
Hobbies: Flight Simulation, Gaming
0 Likes

What critical errors does event viewer show?  Are you receiving amd wattman has reset notices?  Do you use MSI afterburner and if so what gpu power draw does it show when gaming?  Lastly have you seen any artifacts?

0 Likes
hrpuffnstuff
Miniboss

That behavior is indicative of an inadequate power supply.  During gaming your PS is being taxed and if you don't know it as they heat up their output comes down so if you're already marginal on power heat will throw it over the line forcing its power protection circuit to kick in hence you get a reboot.

What PS are you using and please be specific.

0 Likes