Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ARamos
Journeyman III

PC Notebook HP Pavilion 15-n052sp lag after AMD drivers install

Hi all AMD users,

My mother have a Notebook HP Pavilion 15-n052sp "AMD Quad-Core A4-5000M APU Radeon HD 8330 (1,5 GHz, 2 MB cache)". It originaly came with Windows 8 and them upgraded to Windows 10 "part of the free Microsoft upgrade program". I have also upgraded the HD to an SSD.

It is a old Notebook, but my mother only uses it for Web Browsing and for what she does this Notebook is just fine.

For a while she as complaining that the Notebook is laggy, but I didn't have time to check it, since I live a bit far from her.

Today I did have a look to the Notebook, and she is right the Notebook is laggy the mouse pointer stops responding in between 3 seconds, it makes difficult to operate.

So, I have completely formatted the Notebook, full update the Windws 10 and the computer is working fine with the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter.

But once the drivers are updated to AMD Radeon HD 8330/AMD Radeon HD 8600M Series the Notebook starts lagging again.

What is weird, if I uninstall the AMD driver back to  Microsoft Basic Display Adapter the Notebook works perfect again.

I have downloaded and installed the recommended drivers for this APU from AMD support site  A4-5000 with Radeon™ HD 8330 Drivers & Support | AMD , "Windows 10 - 64-Bit Edition / Adrenalin 22.6.1 Recommended (WHQL) 6/23/2022" but once they are installed the problem is back again and the Notebook its dificult to operate.

I can force windows to not update the drivers and keep the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter and the Notebook works fine. But it makes no sense not to be able to use the manufacturer's drivers.

Any ideas how to solve this?

Regards,

ARamos

0 Likes
1 Solution
vialli100
Forerunner

Remove the drivers from AMD and use the ones from HP's website in the link provided..

HP Pavilion 15-n052sp Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR) Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

As it's a laptop you will need to use drivers from here, you can update any drivers you also need..

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
vialli100
Forerunner

Remove the drivers from AMD and use the ones from HP's website in the link provided..

HP Pavilion 15-n052sp Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR) Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

As it's a laptop you will need to use drivers from here, you can update any drivers you also need..

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.
0 Likes