cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

daliant
Journeyman III

PC not shuting down or restarting after updating graphic drivers

Hi, I have a Radeon RX 580 series graphic card and having problems with latest Adrenalin 2020 drivers, version 20.9.1.

If I install this driver my pc can't shut down or restart. When I try to shut down or restart Windows exit as normally, then my screen go off, but pc still on and fans speed up.

It happens when shut down and restart.

The only way to shut down my pc is forcing it by mantaining start button 5 seconds.

I'm on driver version 26.20.12028.2 with publishing date 16/08/2019 and all works fine, but as I say before I can't update to latest AMD official version.

Any solution?

5 Replies
teezhz
Adept I

The problem with the AMD Audio COprocessor, try to downgrade it

0 Likes

Hi teezhz and thanks for your reply.

Can you explain me what need to do exactly to downgrade the Audio Coprocessor?

Thanks in advance

0 Likes

I can't see any device called "AMD audio coprocessor" on my device manager....

What can I do?

0 Likes

Update BIOS and Windows, install the chipset driver.

1) Remove the graphics driver using the DDU with the "Remove AMD Audio Bus" checkbox checked.

2) Install the new Adrenaline driver.

If that doesn't work, try repeating the first step and installing the graphics driver version 20.4.2. If it works correctly on this version, make a report in the amd bug report tool

Hope this helps.

0 Likes

Followed  your instructions, but still can't shuting down or restarting my pc with 20.9.1 AMD drivers version. My PC works perfect with 20.4.2 and I can restart and shuting down normally.

Contacted AMD support a week ago... After several diagnostics they only can tell my that the problem is my Windows installation. The say there is no other report on the world with my same problem, and for this reason the problem is my own installation (hahaha AMD).

ALL my programs runs flawesly, my PC is clean and updated the only problem is with  your f*cking drivers after 20.4.2 version.

It's curious that in safe mode the PC restarts and shut down perfect (with 20.9.1 drivers) and is because some hardware components (including AMD components) are disabled in this mode. How is this possible AMD?

After all, I think my only solution is to change my graphic card to another NVIDIA one. I have no hope they solve this problem.

Thanks for your help Teezhz