cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ukgadgetman
Journeyman III

PC keeps crashing with BSOD or out of a game (Ryzen 5 2600)

I'm not sure if this is in the correct forum but,

I have just aquired a Ryzen 5 2600 PC purley for sim racing (as I make youtube videos), done a completely fresh install of Windows 10 but it keeps either crashing out of the game (Assetto Corsa Competizione) or going to BSOD sometimes even when just idleing!!

The specs are:

Ryzen 5 2600 (stock cooler)

B450 MSi Tomahawk M/B

16GB 3200Mhz RAM

Radeon RX5600XT Graphcs card

It is not overclocked, its completely stock.

At first I thought it was the GPU which was an RX580 so upgraded to the RX5600XT but there is no change.

Incidentally, I have flashed the M/B with the latest bio (7C02v1D) and also installed the latest driver together with flashing the 5600XT with the latest bios for the better performance.

After many hours of reading, I do think its related to the CPU voltage spikes and there not being enough headroom possible? 

I have installed Ryzen Master and can see that the temps are fine but the EDC is often at 98-99% of 90A (Limit 168A) and from whatI have been reading, this coud be the culprit?

Any help would be appreciated as I have tried changing the power to balanced and various other supposed fixes but nothing has worked.

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
1 Reply
ukgadgetman
Journeyman III

As you can see from the screenshot, just browsing on this website, the EDC is at 99% of 90A (although why is that not higher than 90A if the limit is 168A?) and look at the core voltage 1.264! This is under no real load just web browing so surley the core voltage should be less should't it?

The Power setting is currently at "Balanced" too but with the performance slider up to 'best performance'

Screenshot (11).jpg

0 Likes