cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Xalareth
Adept I

PC Crashing when running Xbox Game Pass titles - Dual Monitor

Hi i keep experiencing crashes what seems to be like maybe Xbox game pass games specifically more than other but  still 

what happens is , i would run a game Forza Horizon 5/fallout 76/outriders  all on xbox game pass and they will just crash .sometimes AMD software would say WAttman crashed or drivers crashed even when i have drivers only installed it just do not give the prompt that anything crashed . it happens with allot of games but i have not thoroughly tested it on others . i can play Cyberpunk maxed out raytracing everything without a single crash or LAG and also planetside 2  and Path of exile these i can play fine without a single crash hours on end . i have tried a single match of halo Infinite on both Steam and Xbox game pass and the steam version one did not crash and the Xbox game pass one did .so it was not tested as much yet .

event logs just say the game crashed and than a dx11 file path (when there is Logs ) sometimes there is none 

Forza Horizon crash is the worst it makes both my monitors show i have no display ( as if my pc just turned off ) 

but after a few it recovers 

Specs are 

Microsoft 11 build 10.0.22000 build 22000

AMD RYZEN 9 5900x 

AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT  (ASUS Rog strix LC version ) 

1x SSD 250gb Kingston 

2x 1TB HP SSD

1x 1TB Hikvision NVME (most Xbox game pass games are on here ) 

ASUS ROG strix HERO VIII 

4x8GB G.skill NEO 3600C16

ASUS ROG THOR 850  PSU 

Alienware Monitor and a Old Samsung Monitor 

Latest Drivers Adrenalin-2020-21.11

Things i have Done

Uninstalled and reinstalled drivers 

Installed drivers only method 

Formatted completely and reloaded 

Did a Bios update ( was told GPU BIOS is a no go so did not do that ) 

went for older Version of Drivers Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-2020-21

uninstalled the games and reinstalled 

uninstalled Xbox game pass and reinstalled 

Undervolted GPU 

deactivated Xbox game boost thing 

( i did post on Xbox game pass forums and ASUS and was told to post here cause its a "AMD drivers issue " ) 

i just don't know what to do anymore at this point in time i am just thinking of starting to RMA 1 part at a time and see what if something was broken 

Any and i mean any Advice would be Welcome .

(not native to English ) 

IDK if its only Xbox game pass games .or just these games ? i have not really been able to test it since i don't own 2 copies of the games but yeah its been frustrating and i have been struggling with this for months being sent from one Forum to another 

0 Likes
1 Solution
RichGee
Journeyman III

Have you tried running with only a single monitor active?

I've had problems with some games crashing when dual monitors are on, but switching to just a single monitor the game plays fine.  This is with an RX 6600 XT on an otherwise very stable system.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Xalareth
Adept I

and yes i did everything on this article  as well https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/ts-tips 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I bought Forza Horizon 5 and play it on Steam after initial crashes with different graphics profiles from Gigabyte RX5700XT. With the new AMD driver 21.11.3 I no longer have any problems with the standard setting of the Radeon driver. But in the game settings I changed the graphics setting from 30 to 60 FPS and from 2x to 8xMSAA and it runs, including Cyberpunk 2077 with Ultra game graphics and 8XMSAA under standard Radeon core clock 2100 and core voltage 1185, which was not the case before. Since you have a higher quality graphics card, I would try a lower core clock and core voltage. Some graphics machines of the games cannot work together with the standard Radeon graphics setting. I just install the driver without the Adrenalin software, using MSI Afterburner and FurMark. With GPU-Z Button Lookup you can compare the settings of Radeon and the manufacturer-specific graphics card data and create up to 5 profiles accordingly. Definitely reduce the core tension when the core clock is lowered anyway. FurMark can be used to test the graphic profiles.There is a certain order to be followed to install the Radeon driver only. I do it this way with every new driver. See if necessary in my posts.

0 Likes
RichGee
Journeyman III

Have you tried running with only a single monitor active?

I've had problems with some games crashing when dual monitors are on, but switching to just a single monitor the game plays fine.  This is with an RX 6600 XT on an otherwise very stable system.

0 Likes

Sure i will try that THanks for the advice 

0 Likes