cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

alexn310
Adept I

PC Crashing when playing games

So i sometimes play games on my pc especially the game Team Fortress 2 but when i play for a bit either i get a bluescreen with the error messange IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL or the pc just freezes or it freezes and gives me red dots all over the place and they seem to be there where the hud elements are but in a distorted position or sometimes it runs just fine without any crashes can somebody help me? Specs:

AMD A10-7890k APU with integrated R7 Direct X 12
16GB of RAM
Windows 10

ASUS A68HM-PlUS Motherboard

And i have a AOC E2270Sw Monitor

And yes i am sure my computer can run Team Fortress 2 plus im probably gonna get a dedicated Graphics card in the future

Comment

0 Likes
1 Solution
Hardwood
Paragon

It sounds like the APU is overheating. A discrete gpu would solve your problem.

TF2 is one of the worst programmed games when it comes to sensible graphics. A better cooler might help too.

To verify this theory, run gpuz in the background and check it now and then for the max temp. If it's getting close to 72c you've got problems.

Also you might get away with cleaning the cpu heatsink and fan along with your case fans or add more case fans.

When you do get a gpu, get the best you can afford, ignore nonsense about bottlenecking. As you upgrade your computer the gpu will handle new cpus and only get better.

Just be sure to have a decent power supply that can handle the new gpu.

I have an a10-7850k based computer and I'm amazed at what it can handle just by itself, when I threw my old 290x in as discrete it performed really well.

ASUS TUF X570 wifi, AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, ASRock 6700XT Challenger, Antec Truepower new 700w. 32GB

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Hardwood
Paragon

It sounds like the APU is overheating. A discrete gpu would solve your problem.

TF2 is one of the worst programmed games when it comes to sensible graphics. A better cooler might help too.

To verify this theory, run gpuz in the background and check it now and then for the max temp. If it's getting close to 72c you've got problems.

Also you might get away with cleaning the cpu heatsink and fan along with your case fans or add more case fans.

When you do get a gpu, get the best you can afford, ignore nonsense about bottlenecking. As you upgrade your computer the gpu will handle new cpus and only get better.

Just be sure to have a decent power supply that can handle the new gpu.

I have an a10-7850k based computer and I'm amazed at what it can handle just by itself, when I threw my old 290x in as discrete it performed really well.

ASUS TUF X570 wifi, AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, ASRock 6700XT Challenger, Antec Truepower new 700w. 32GB

Yea, thanks just wanted to make sure nothing is broken in my pc gonna give it a good clean tomorrow probably and with a new cooler good idea thanks!
Probably gonna get the RX 460 on christmas and maybe a new cooler too thanks for the reply!!

0 Likes

Oh and with the new cpu i already got the best my motherboard supports :/

0 Likes

Oh and i ran GPU-Z and im hovering around 65c while playing

0 Likes

65 isn't too bad, but if you're at a critical spot (graphically) it will go higher so a cpu cooler is good.

If you can wangle a better (than rx 460) gpu, do it. Look around for sales online as most brick and mortar stores will compete.

I don't know what you have for a power supply but I see the RX560, 570 and 580 all ask for 500watt.

Here's a 580 up here in the frozen north for a good price so the deals are out there.

Asus DUAL RX580 OC Radeon RX 580 4GB PCI-E w/ DVI, Dual HDMI, Dual DP - PCI-E Video Cards - Memory E...

I recently asked a friend of mine and he said it could be a ram issue? Could it be that too?

0 Likes

I suppose, but the red dots all over usually mean a  heat problem.

You can run Memtest86 overnight to check your ram.

0 Likes