cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

tmim0o
Journeyman III

PC crashing during warzone

Hi, I've een trying to play Call of Duty: Warzone but it is crashing/freezing my PC. This is a total crash, not just a game crash to desktop. Some of the time I get "TV Static" for a second before a complete black screen, other times it just crashes. This happens regardless of the graphics settings - I have tried with minimum and maximum settings and both experience a crash. I normally manage around 15 minutes of game time before the crash hits, but there is no consistency in terms of what appears to be driving this as far as I can tell. 

I've tried a number of different workarounds that I've come across, but none of these have worked. These include: 

1) Disabling all unnecessary background programmes

2) Changing the pagefile

3) Changing launch options

4) Disabling Radeon overlay

5) Changing task manager priority

I'm at a loss as to how to fix this, so any advice would be greatly appreciated!

System specs:

CPU: Ryzen 3600x

GPU: MSI Radeo 5500XT

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4 3200 MHz 

HD: WD Blue 1TB NVMe SSD

Mobo: Asus TUX Gaming X570 plus

PSU: Corsair CX750

EDIT for anyone else with this problem: So after trying numerous workarounds I replaced the GPU with a Radeon RX 580 and have since had no problems whatsoever. From reading around I don't think that it was a dud graphics card, rather problems with the 5500/5700 XT series.

0 Likes
7 Replies
hardreset
Elite

This game is heavily buged. I don't know if you will find out sooner in the forum of the game itself

look at the error list:

Trello 

I often have dev error 6328 and only helps reduce texture details from high to normal

ASRock RX7900GRE Steel Legend, i5 13600K, Asrock Z690 PG Riptide, 32gb ddr4 4000mhz.

Thanks, I’ve tried them as well so will wait to see if anything useful comes up. Tim

0 Likes
mickeekung
Challenger

Please try my solution. https://community.amd.com/thread/253145 

Thanks, I just tried this but again had a complete pc freeze within 5 minutes. Your voltage curve was not flat, which the initial post suggested- was there a reason for this?

0 Likes
BrgixV2
Journeyman III

I found a solution that worked for me, so you need to go to moder warfare file location for me it is D:\Call of Duty Modern Warfare and find a exe named ModernWarfare. Right click it and then go to Compatibility tab and check run this program as administrator and disable fullscreen optimizuations, if this didnt work go to battle.net on your pc and click the settings button right next to the play button and click game settings, once that is done click additional command line arguments and paste this in there d3d11 -d3d11 D3D11 -D3D11

My pc specs:

-Intel core i5 4570 4 core 4 thread 

16gb ram from samsung at 1600mhz speed

Asus strix r9 380 4gb oc

120gb SSD and 500gb HDD

0 Likes
BNITRO
Adept III

BE CAREFUL

ive been running simulations for the new 3d architecture on the 5000 and 6000 series

INTEL and NVIDIA are attacking hardware causing 2 things,, 1 in hopes u stop playing or purchase better hardware, 2 in order to damage ur hardware for the entertainment of the hacker,,, so far 3090 has the worst AI for attacks,,, if u start to see the signs level of detail system failure or even a little black object that moves around and connects to people to help with AI aimbot also they seem to attempt to overcharge the ram with no load. been burning them up instead...

We put counter measures in ANti LAG,,, so just hot key and make a macro and when ever u see a dude 3090 refresh anti lag and TAKE HIM OUT... ALT+L then attack them upward beeps means ramped up level beeps means normal.

0 Likes

@BNITRO What kind of crazy conspiracy theory is that mumbo-jumbo you've just conjured up here?

W10Pro (22H2)|Kingston A400 240G|ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 (L2.71)|Ryzen 5 5600|ID-Cooling SE-225-XT Black V2|nVidia RTX 3070 FE 8Gb|XPG GAMMIX D10 [2x8GB] DDR4 3200MHz (XMP)|DeepCool PK700D
0 Likes