cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

tomzim2002
Adept I

overclocking suggestion

hey so i recently wanted to overclock my rx 5600 xt to boost my preformence a bit better

and i wanted to ask a question about the overclocking itself

im boosting up my memory mhz and my core mhz and i wanted to know what is the safe temp that this card can reach

and also i wanted a suggestion about how to overclock in a why that will keep my card safe but as less noisy as possible thank for the helpers 

i really hope that my question was clear hope to hear soon.

0 Likes
5 Replies

The built in safeties should cause it to throttle at 95*C, if not 90*C, but the critical temperature is 100*C.

As for how to overclock, really no easier way than to increase the clocks a bit, put it under stress such as a Uningine Haven or Superposition or even 3DMark load, and repeat until it becomes unstable.
0 Likes

I know that the limit of the core clock is about 1860 and the memory clock is 1820 but my question was for how much can I tune the fan that the temp won’t be critical but at the same it won’t be that much noisy

and also if undoing that throw afterburner I will need to open the app and load the saved profile before every time I start to play?

0 Likes

How far you can tune it will depend on the cooling capabilities, heatsink design, and fan acoustics all factor in to the subjective variable of what "noisy" is to you, so the only person who can tell you that is you.
0 Likes
benman2785
Big Boss

about VRAM oc - you can crank up the clock until you get "VRAM errors"!

so download HWiNFO and check if you get errors with your OC

PC: R7 2700X @PBO + RX 580 4G (1500MHz/2000MHz CL16) + 32G DDR4-3200CL14 + 144hz 1ms FS P + 75hz 1ms FS
Laptop: R5 2500U @30W + RX 560X (1400MHz/1500MHz) + 16G DDR4-2400CL16 + 120Hz 3ms FS
0 Likes

I tried the clock won’t go up anymore then what I mention I physically cannot do that.

0 Likes