Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

deerpark243
Adept I

OpenGL

Hello,

I just bought a PC that has the AMD Radeon RX5700 XT. The PC is running Windows 10 home, I'm a photographer, and when I work on photoshop and select a filter, I use Luminar AI, but when it goes to open, it gives me an error message saying that I need an OpenGL 3.3 graphics driver. I have the latest drivers with the newest AMD software, 24.4.1, and it says my drivers are up to date. Where am I going wrong?

Thank you

13 Replies

Can you run and upload a GPU-Z image to see what is check marked at the bottom of the GPU-Z image?

What version does Radeon Setting show?

Another User is having a similar issue in that his OpenGL version is 1.1 instead of 4.6 for his RX580: https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/problem-with-opengl-rx580/m-p/471077#M144159

His GPU-Z is showing OpenGL version 1.1 which is not correct.

Try installing a Previous AMD Driver and see if it shows the correct OpenGL version above 4.x from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/previous-drivers/graphics/amd-radeon-5700-series/amd-radeon-rx-5700-s...

It shows  OpenGL software version 29.20.1100.14830. Adrenalin 21.5.2 AMD software. I don't know if that helps. I'll run the GPU-Z image.

0 Likes

Yes, the GPU-Z says openGL 1.1

0 Likes

I also ran a previous version and it still says OpenGL 1.1. What do I do next? Or is there anything I can do?

0 Likes

https://www.opengl.org/

download latest OpenGL (4.6)

You can try opening a Post at AMD Forum's Developers forum for OpenGL from here: https://community.amd.com/t5/opengl-vulkan/bd-p/opengl-and-vulkan-discussions

BUT FIRST you must get whitelisted by the Moderator to be able to post there from here: https://community.amd.com/t5/newcomers-start-here/bd-p/newcomer-forum

Someone from the admin office got a hold of me with a workaround, but I have to wait until he gets back to me. Something about uninstalling AMD drivers and installing Nvidia drivers?

0 Likes

I'm having basically the exact same issue. Please reply back if you find anything.

0 Likes

Hi, has AMD tried to reach out with any possibility?

0 Likes

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean. I have asked for a whitelist on the post mentioned previously if that's what you meant.

0 Likes

No, sorry, I thought you might have heard from AMD for a workaround for the RX5700XT not updating the OpenGL to 4.6

0 Likes

I have mine fixed. I contacted Intel support because I also have an Intel UHD graphics 750 that was also stuck on OpenGL 1.1, so the software guy went into my PC and uninstalled the drivers completely and reinstalled them, but, he some other things that I'm not sure of, but it fixed the OpenGL problem for both the Intel graphics card and the AMD card just by fixing the Intel graphics card.

Here's the session:

9:43 AM You have granted full permission to Technician. To revoke, click the red X on the toolbar or press Pause/Break on the keyboard.
9:43 AM Connecting...
9:43 AM Connected. A support representative will be with you shortly.
9:43 AM Application running as Windows system service
9:44 AM Support session established with Maikel.
9:44 AM Remote Control started by Maikel.

9:48 AM Maikel: That AMD GPU
9:48 AM Maikel: Is it an external GPU?
9:48 AM Mike Kennedy: no
9:48 AM Maikel: Did the GPU came from factory with the Desktop
9:48 AM Maikel: or did you integrate it
9:48 AM Mike Kennedy: yes
9:48 AM Maikel: Yes?
9:49 AM Mike Kennedy: it came from the factoy
9:49 AM Maikel: Thank you
9:53 AM Maikel: Could you please run the program
9:54 AM Mike Kennedy: ok
9:54 AM Mike Kennedy: wow it works
9:54 AM Maikel: Probably there was a conflict
9:54 AM Maikel: with the software
9:54 AM Maikel: so when this happens
9:54 AM Maikel: a clean installation is the best option to overwrite any conflict
9:55 AM Maikel: delete all the software and install it once you have reached the Microsoft basic adapter
9:55 AM Mike Kennedy: so it's running 4.6?
9:55 AM Maikel: It is correct
9:55 AM Mike Kennedy: man, i've been fighting this for a month, thankl you
9:55 AM Maikel: Next time please contact us first, we will do our best to help you
9:56 AM Mike Kennedy: So the AMD card is usless?
9:56 AM Maikel: No, not at all
9:56 AM Maikel: Is just a matter of technology called Hybrid graphics
9:56 AM Mike Kennedy: they both have 4.6?
9:56 AM Maikel: Both work together
9:57 AM Maikel: The Intel graphics are updated

9:57 AM Maikel: for AMD, not sure what driver you have
9:57 AM Mike Kennedy: that's ok, you fixed it that's all that matters
9:57 AM Maikel: I am glad you can go back to work
9:57 AM Maikel: thank you for contacting Intel, take care and have a nice day
9:58 AM Mike Kennedy: ok, you too thanks again

9:58 AM Maikel has ended the session.
9:58 AM Remote Control by Maikel stopped.

I hope this helped at all

Hi there I just wanted to say that after heaps of researching including looking at potentially installing linux on my system this thread saved me. Thanks heaps. 

0 Likes