Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

cablenexus
Adept II

OpenGL game crash

Dear support team,

Two games I have in my Steam library from Kube Games and Slitherine won't start anymore after installing any of the 21 series AMD drivers.
Those games both worked fine with any driver version until the last 20 series. Agressors Ancient Rome and Imperiums Greek Wars are the game titles.
In the Steam forums and Discord I read everyone has the same problem, except Nvidia users. The developer advices us to install the older 20 series driver.

I did exactly as you told me to do in the e-mail. I attached all DXDiag files from the driver that worked, the proof that I used DDU to uninstall any AMD driver and the DXDiag of the latest 21.5.2 driver.

The mentioned games crash on loading back to the games launcher. With the 20 series driver (and everything the last seven years) the game worked fine.

The dev is able to provide you with a free Steam key for the game if needed for troubleshooting.

Thank you very much for support.
4 Replies
willgamer47
Journeyman III

Dear AMD,

This problem was caused by your updates and cannot be worked around by the game developer. It's been 6 months.... please fix!

0 Likes

If the problem only started after you updated your drivers, you could try regressing them to a previous version, which you can find on the AMD website https://www.amd.com/en by searching for your card's name, going to the result, and scrolling down to just below all the available drivers where there will be a link to take you to the previous versions.

0 Likes

After a few months the issue seems to be fixed for players able to install the latest 21.6.1 driver. The bug that caused the game to crash is solved. However the 21.6.1 driver isn't available for the R7 card I use. Is there any change the 21.5.2 driver for the R7 will updated to the 21.6.1 driver anytime soon? Thank you.

0 Likes

One month has passed and still the situation is the same.

Games were working fine with my AMD R7 card until the 21.5.2 driver update and since the mentioned games won't start anymore because a bug in AMD software.

Newer cards already received a new update with the 21.6.1 driver and other players and as I can learn from forum posts can play the games again since the bug is fixed.

But for the R7 card the driver isn't updated anymore since May. Do the R7 card gets any updated driver soon that is comparable with the 21.6.1 driver with the bug fixed or not? Thanks in advance.

0 Likes