Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

worldsaway
Adept I

OpenCL Issue in Capture One

Hello,

I recently reached out to Capture One support for an issue I'm having with OpenCL hardware acceleration on my 5700 XT. I confirmed with them that through running OpenCL benchmarks & verifying OpenCL support is enabled using GPU-Z, but in the end they suggest that my rendering issues (blocky artifacts) are an issue with my GPU drivers or with the GPU itself.

The card is a new Gigabyte Aorus 5700 XT on a fresh (and fully patched) Windows 10 install. I am also using the most recent 20.2.2 drivers and the card is otherwise working perfectly.

While I have seen other forum posts that reference similar issues, I haven't yet found anything from AMD that either acknowledges the issue or points to a fix. Are there any workarounds in place for this issue that do not involve disabling hardware acceleration in Capture One?

Thank you.

7 Replies
ybtch
Journeyman III

I also havent got my RX5700 to work with Capture One.

0 Likes
gzvery6
Journeyman III

I have the same problem.

After turning on hardware acceleration, the converted photos become obviously abnormal. After turning off hardware acceleration, this problem was not seen. Switching to other graphics cards, such as RX580 and GTX1080Ti, did not cause such problems after starting hardware acceleration.

Capture One technical support is related to OPENCL. I hope you guys value it and fix it soon.

Same here.

I bought a super fast Computer rig with a Ryzen 9 3900, 64 GB RAM, M02 SSD and a Radeon RX 5700 XT.

Although this combination provides blazing speed (rendering a batch of 195 42MP A7R3 RAW files to TIFF and Full size .JPG in 6.25 min versus 28 min without HW assist) while editing on the screen the pictures get distorted as soon as I touch a slide with the mouse and the output is prone with artefacts.

For me this GPU, while fast, is UNUSABLE! in my daily editing and processing work.

Pse take action.

Is there an update for this issue? I'm running into the same issues now with Adobe PP

0 Likes
waxiliumladrian
Journeyman III

I can confirm the same issues with my RX5700.
OpenCL doesn´t seem to work with editing software. In my case hardware acceleration can be activated but the results aren´t valid so Capture One´s display (glitches) and calculated results aren´t useable.
It seems that all my editing software that uses OpenCL suffer the same problem.
Appart from OpenCL the card work fine.
Seti@home adviced to not use RX5xxx Card as they report incorrect data using OpenCL.

I doesn´t seem to get fixed, so i guess this was finally my last amd gpu.  

0 Likes
ybtch
Journeyman III

As openCL support on the rx5700 gotten better, now it works with folding@home for example, it would be great to see AMD help Phase One sort out thier openCL-coding in Capture One.

Capture One is really good at colors and such things which is nice, but somehow the software smells like bad coding.

0 Likes
amdcj
Journeyman III

I have similar problem too.When i useing Adobe Primere 2020 and Adobe After effects 2019,if i open hardware accelation with opencl,the preview of videos become blurred.when i disable the hardware accelation,the preview becoms normal.

0 Likes