cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

themagicdust
Adept I

Open CL Not Supported ( Rx 580 8gb)

For some reason my graphics card does not have open CL 1.2, and on the software it says it's unavailable, however it says on the specs for the card it self that it should have 2.0, could it be a driver I don't have installed or am I just crap out of luck with this specific graphics card.

0 Likes
9 Replies
Chester1994
Challenger

Do you have the latest GPU drivers installed?

Try running Geekbench 5 in OpenCL mode and see what happens.

0 Likes

I had that error when starting Davinci Resolve with non-WHLQ drivers, I can only use WHLQ drivers with this editing tool.

Try it out.

The Englishman

Yeah that's the main reason why I'm trying to get it to work (for DaVinci Resolve) Where can I download WHLQ drivers?

https://www.amd.com/es/support/1871?language=en

Adrenalin 22.3.1 Recommended (WHQL).

Try those.

Can you upload an image of GPU-Z to see if the AMD Driver is properly installed and not corrupted?

OpenCl, OpenGL, and Vulkan are enabled on your GPU card by the AMD Driver. GPU-Z will show which versions and whether they are enabled.

On your RX580 all three should be checkmarked at the bottom of GPU-Z. 

EDIT: Please post your computer information for better troubleshooting tips.

0 Likes

gpu z.PNG

Clicking on the boxes does not do anything.

and by information I'm gonna assume you mean specs, if not correct me 

Ryzen 5 3600 

Obviously Rx 580 8gb

16 gb 3600 ram

0 Likes

Try the drivers I shared you some hours ago: Adrenalin 22.3.1 Recommended (WHQL).

I gave you a link.

0 Likes

GPU-Z just tells you what is enabled on your GPU card by the AMD Driver.

You have all the correct boxes check marked EXCEPT OpenCL. That should have been check marked but it isn't.

So in my opinion you do have an physical issue with the GPU card or Windows OS.

Found this LinuxTechTip thread from 2018 with the same issue on his RX580. He was able to fix the problem: https://linustechtips.com/topic/920181-opencl-not-detectedworking-with-rx-580-win10/

Try running in a elevated Command Prompt the following command to check your Windows OS for corruption: SFC /scannow

I way to know if it is the GPU card or Windows is by installing the GPU card on another computer and see if OpenCL is enabled or not.

NOTE: Open a Powercolor Support ticket and see what they suggest.

0 Likes
lino220306
Journeyman III

I was having the same problem and I managed to solve it yesterday, in a very simple way, all I had to do was install an old driver and the problem had already been solved, then I just updated it using the adrenaline software that opencl had already returned.

I used Google Translate to send this message, so I'm sorry if there are any problems with the writing.

0 Likes