cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Open CL Driver for Serif Affinity

Dear Community and AMD Support, unfortunately we have now been informed by Serif that the programmes of the Affinity series have to do without Open-CL acceleration.

You have already been informed that the driver does not work properly.

When can we expect the final driver, it should not be exactly to the day, but still in this quarter or only in the second quarter?

I now own a 6800 XT and except for the Serif programmes it runs like a Formula 1 car on cocaine.

Thanks for that and stay healthy

0 Likes
7 Solutions

I trying to figure out what you are saying but from what I have read from Serif Affinity Forums, it still supports OpenCL: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/132974-updated-to-190-opencl-or-directx-12/

Inside the program itself you can disable OpenCL  from what I understand: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/133131-opencl/

All of AMD Drivers enable OpenCL on GCN GPU cards.

NOTE: I would open a Serif Affinity Forum thread and ask them your questions. Both links above are from 02/2021.

View solution in original post

Thanks I am in the forum but you said what I should contact AMD. I try everything as a consumer and will pass it on in the German community what you achieve. We all paid a lot of money for our cards and then for the programmes. We all want to have a little fun at a time when we don't have much free time.

One way to check to see if OpenCL is enabled on your AMD GPU card and the AMD Driver is installed correctly is by running the free program GPU-Z.

At the bottom of GPU-Z there are several Boxes that. With a AMD GPU Card at least 3 - 5 boxes should be checkmarked.

OpenCL, OpenGL, Vulkan (if applicable), DirectX.

If OpenCL is not check marked than your AMD driver wasn't installed correctly or is corrupted.

0 Likes

Speedcontroll_0-1614291581556.png

It's not the graphics card, that would be too easy. I also had the 5700 XT and it didn't work there either. Now I have one of the most powerful and newest graphics cards and it doesn't work either. Drivers are all up to date, Windows has also been updated from 21H1. Affinity has a big problem with Open-CL acceleration for AMD cards and have told me what problems they have with the kernel. But I'm out of that, I'm well versed in business and tax law, but unfortunately I can't address the kernel.

But the answers here are really fast, thanks for that.

Then you will need to disable OpenCL in Serif Affinity to make it work correctly until Serif Affinity comes out with a patch or updates the software to run OpenCL in AMD GPU cards.

GPU-Z is showing all the correct boxes check marked so the AMD Driver is installed and working correctly in that respect.

0 Likes

Thanks, I don't think it's an AMD problem this time either. Since it also affects the 5000s, but there are no problems on Apple Macs with AMD cards, even without Open CL there are severe setbacks and system crashes.

Too bad I have to resort to Photoshop again. **bleep** but nothing saved.

Thanks for the quick reply, have a nice weekend and stay healthy.

same to you,

Take care.

0 Likes
8 Replies

I trying to figure out what you are saying but from what I have read from Serif Affinity Forums, it still supports OpenCL: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/132974-updated-to-190-opencl-or-directx-12/

Inside the program itself you can disable OpenCL  from what I understand: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/133131-opencl/

All of AMD Drivers enable OpenCL on GCN GPU cards.

NOTE: I would open a Serif Affinity Forum thread and ask them your questions. Both links above are from 02/2021.

Thanks I am in the forum but you said what I should contact AMD. I try everything as a consumer and will pass it on in the German community what you achieve. We all paid a lot of money for our cards and then for the programmes. We all want to have a little fun at a time when we don't have much free time.

One way to check to see if OpenCL is enabled on your AMD GPU card and the AMD Driver is installed correctly is by running the free program GPU-Z.

At the bottom of GPU-Z there are several Boxes that. With a AMD GPU Card at least 3 - 5 boxes should be checkmarked.

OpenCL, OpenGL, Vulkan (if applicable), DirectX.

If OpenCL is not check marked than your AMD driver wasn't installed correctly or is corrupted.

0 Likes

Speedcontroll_0-1614291581556.png

It's not the graphics card, that would be too easy. I also had the 5700 XT and it didn't work there either. Now I have one of the most powerful and newest graphics cards and it doesn't work either. Drivers are all up to date, Windows has also been updated from 21H1. Affinity has a big problem with Open-CL acceleration for AMD cards and have told me what problems they have with the kernel. But I'm out of that, I'm well versed in business and tax law, but unfortunately I can't address the kernel.

But the answers here are really fast, thanks for that.

Then you will need to disable OpenCL in Serif Affinity to make it work correctly until Serif Affinity comes out with a patch or updates the software to run OpenCL in AMD GPU cards.

GPU-Z is showing all the correct boxes check marked so the AMD Driver is installed and working correctly in that respect.

0 Likes

Thanks, I don't think it's an AMD problem this time either. Since it also affects the 5000s, but there are no problems on Apple Macs with AMD cards, even without Open CL there are severe setbacks and system crashes.

Too bad I have to resort to Photoshop again. **bleep** but nothing saved.

Thanks for the quick reply, have a nice weekend and stay healthy.

same to you,

Take care.

0 Likes

I was going to press the button on an XFX RX6900XT today.

I use affinity photo and as part of convincing myself I should press the button I thought I would visit their forum and look at benchmark results. 

I don't find any results because seriff specifically disable opencl acceleration for AMD 5000 and 6000 series cards because of AMD driver bugs which they say they have been in discussion with AMD about for months.

Guess I will be sticking with nVidia after all.