Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Highlighted
Elite
Elite

Re: only 30 Hz at ultra HD with RX 470

Try to select the correct refresh rate in Windows Control Panel. Open Control Panel,Appearance and Personalization, Adjust Screen Resolution,Advanced Settings,Monitor tab and select 60 Hz as refresh rate. Disconnect the DP cable from your monitor and DP connection on your graphics cards. Verify that it properly connected. See if there is no dust. It would be very strange that in the OSD,Setup,Displayport it would be reverted to 1.1 instead of 1.2. You can also force the refresh rate with this utility : https://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-Custom-Resolution-Utility-CRU Some more info: How To Overclock Your Monitor to a Higher Refresh Rate | Gamers Nexus - Gaming PC Builds & Hardware ...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Hi and thx for your suggestions,

- the correct refresh rate in Windows control Panel is not available (that is the problem) - only 24 and 30 hz

- dp cable is fine (and there are no problems using the intel graphics of the cpu)

- monitor is set to dp 1.2

- i used the cru-tool, then i reboot and it works at 60hz / ultra hd once till i reboot. then it is again at 30 hz.

so this is no permanent solution so far, but a step into the right direction

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I have the exact same issue with my 4GB RX 470 and BDM4065UC display using the same displayport cable I was previously using with a GTX 970 successfully at 3840x2160 @ 60hz.  The display is already set to use DisplayPort 1.2 in the OSD settings.

I've tried updating to the latest drivers, checking all modes under Windows Display Settings -> Display adapter properties -> List All Modes and the maximum available refresh rate for 3840x2160 is 30Hz.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I should add that inside the Radeon Settings application under Notifications I have the following error:

"The system has detected a link failure and cannot set the requested resolution and refresh rate.  Your display might not support the requested resolution or there may be and issue with the cable connecting the display to your computer."

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I have the same Issue @Clegger. Seemed recently purchasing my monitor or AMDs latest update all coming about the same time in noticing the issue -

Monitor set to DP v1.2 -  LG 27UD68-W: 27 Class 4K UHD IPS LED Monitor (27 Diagonal) | LG USA

When toggling the DP 1.2 option on the monitor and going into display adapter Windows 10 i can somehow through toggling those 2 things repeatedly it comes to a 60hz own its from from the 30hz and remains ok until i restart.

Running with a SAPPHIRE Technology   - Sapphire Nitro Radeon R9 390X   & AMD FX8350

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I have the same Issue @Clegger. Seemed recently purchasing my monitor or AMDs latest update all coming about the same time in noticing the issue -

Monitor set to DP v1.2 -  LG 27UD68-W: 27 Class 4K UHD IPS LED Monitor (27 Diagonal) | LG USA

When toggling the DP 1.2 option on the monitor and going into display adapter Windows 10 i can somehow through toggling those 2 things repeatedly it comes to a 60hz own its from from the 30hz and remains ok until i restart.

Running with a SAPPHIRE Technology   - Sapphire Nitro Radeon R9 390X   & AMD FX8350

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I have the same problem as you. identical. Have you been able to solve it in any way?

I play poker and i want to die playing 30 hz

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Thanks for the info guys. Fixed for a Samsung U28E590D by setting the DisplayPort version to 1.2 via the monitor's menu.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos