cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Subarbalist
Adept I

Ongoing problems with my rx5700 xt - No Signal

I'm going to be as detailed as I can be to provide context, as I'm utterly stumped as to how to fix this issue.

So I've had this card for a year and a half with absolutely no problems; An RX 5700 XT 8gb Red Devil Edition. It was working utterly smoothly up until about a month ago when my computer started dying mid-game for no apparent reason. At first it was Battlefield 4, then it was happening in Destiny 2. Both of these games had ran superfluously on my previous graphics cards and on this one since I first got it, having remained installed on my PC consistently. I've also been using a 1440p GPU for just over half a year, no issues.

The issue displays itself when I'm in game mostly. Alt Tabbing, using in-game menus, turning around, loading screens/loading in and out of games (Battlefield 4 servers, clicking between saves in RDR2, selecting new destinations in Destiny 2).

The issue is that my monitor will flick to black and display a "No Signal" icon, with my PC still on. Sometimes this is followed by a sound similar to the BSOD, sometimes I can still hear audio up until I hold the power button to turn my computer off, sometimes I hear nothing at all.

I initially thought this issue might be due to my ageing Power Supply, which is, truth be told, quite old and is also running below what my PC asks of it, but considering I never exceed the power demands of the PSU, and considering I've tried my graphics card in my brother's PC (Which has every other component working fine, including a power supply with ample wattage) and they've had the exact same issue occur, it puzzles me.

This only appears to be getting worse and worse- sometimes when I load up my PC, it says I don't have any drivers installed in the first place, meaning I have to re-install them over and over again.

I've tried older versions of Adrenalin, I've tried deleting MSI Afterburner & Riva-Tuner so they don't control fan speeds, I've tried a different computer entirely with everything else working, I've tried using HDMI instead of Display Port, I've tried using a 1080p monitor instead of a 1440, I've tried reinstalling Windows and updating my version of Windows to allow for even newer updates to AMD Adrenalin, all with no success.

I've tried installing only the drivers in Adrenalin and not the clunky, broken software they lump with it to record game clips and other gimmicks they add instead of fixing this problem that I've seen at least 50 people claim to also have.

I'm beyond annoyed at this point, especially upon hearing that this issue also occurs in their newer series of cards as well, showing not only have they not fixed it for my series, but they've wilfully ignored the issue and released yet more new cards with the exact same problem, without fixing them.

My specs are as follows:

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.00GHz 34 °C

RAM: 16.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1069MHz (15-15-15-36)

Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. Z170-WS (LGA1151)

Graphics:  ATI Microsoft Basic Display Adapter (C.P. Technology)

^ Considering this is while I'm constantly having to uninstall and reinstall drivers every time my GPU stops working, this changes a lot, but it's an RX 5700 XT, with a 1440p 165hz Gigabyte monitor, formerly with a 1080p 60hz Samsung monitor

Storage
931GB Seagate ST1000DM003-1ER162 (SATA )
119GB SAMSUNG MZYLF128HCHP-000L2 (SATA (SSD))

It took me a year to save up for this card. Needless to say, it's important to me that it continues working.

I will be frequently checking this thread in case anyone offers a solution, and if anybody has any questions.

0 Likes
2 Solutions

I handed my card to a family member and they noticed that on the GPU Die, a single pin on the top of the card was missing/damaged. His theory is the card doesn't receive enough power when this happens, causing it to show no signal when events trigger a rise in GPU performance.

Check the hardware of your card if all other options fail; you might have damaged it getting it in and out of your PC.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Du hast vollkommen recht mit diesem Disaster. Ich habe gestern den 21.8.2 nur Treiber installiert, Valhalla gespielt und nach 15 min. Absturz und zwangsweise Neustart. Danach kam ich nicht mehr bis zum Spielstart, also DDU und 21.6.1 wieder installiert und es läuft wieder, das ist von Reiermann und Söhne.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Soulsa
Adept I

I have the same card and have the black screen occasionally, more recently bsod's on actually installing, problem was win11 at the time of course not being supported by AMD even though they use win10 drivers heh. Since then though I have had bsod's on too many streams open, too many vlc's going. I fixed it by going back to 21.5.2 but you might want to visit this link and give it a read.

Seems a lot has to do with Windows also

https://www.reddit.com/r/AMDHelp/comments/mswsgm/possible_solution_to_adrenalin_2020_timeout/

Subarbalist
Adept I

I'd also like to point out that while running stress tests using Radeon's software, this is what I get approximately fifteen seconds before crashing.

The link below is to an image showing the performance.

After this the "no signal" issue occured, and upon rebooting the drivers forcefully uninstalled themself from my computer and I was left with no graphics card visible in Task Manager, and the Device Manager showed Windows standard drivers only, meaning I had to fresh install my drivers.

https://ibb.co/wJ5FD5y

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Das mit der zwangsweise Deinstallation der Treiber nach Neustart kenne ich so nicht. Ich habe zur Zeit nur den Treiber 21.6.1 WHQL installiert und benutze den MSI Afterburner und zum Stresstest den Benchmark FurMark. Schaue in den Leistungsdaten deiner Grafikkarte nach und stelle den Normaltakt ein, bei meiner Gigagyte ist das Core Clock 1770/1910 und Core Voltage habe ich dann nach mehreren Benchmarks auf 985/1100 mit 2x MSAA bei 63/81 FSP. bei max. 80 Grad. Bei der Standardeinstellung CC 2100 und CV1184 habe ich 87 FSP., das ist eigentlich schon der Boosttakt laut Gigabyte.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Es kann die Radeon Grafikkarten der 5000- und 6000er Reihe mit PCi Express 4 mit verschiedenen Problemen betreffen. Ich benutze zur Zeit nur den Treiber 21.6.1 ohne die Adrenalinoberfläche, die sehr unübersichtlich ist und meiner Meinung nach die Grafikkarte bei mir im Game Valhalla, egal was man einstellt, den PC zum Totalaus mit Neustart bringt. Neuere Radeon Treiber habe ich ausprobiert, bringen aber mehr Spielabstürze, sogar beim Laden des Games. Zum Teil liegt das an den Grafik Engines der Spiele, Doom Eternal läuft total ohne Probleme mit Standardeinstellung CC  1200 + CV 1185 meiner RX5700XT Grafikkarte. Ich benutze den MSI Tool Afterburner, wo ich Core Clock auf 1050 und Core Voltage bis auf 950 (Bíldschirm 1680:1050 60Hz) reduziere bei Valhalla, das dann ohne Probleme läuft. Die Lüftereinstellung habe ich angepasst und in den Kompatibilitäts Eigenschaften User-Modus und MSI-erweitert und alle Kästchen hier angehakt. Im BIOS sollte man den PCI Express von Auto auf Gen 3 oder Gen 4 (wenn vorhanden) einstellen und keinen Schnellstart ausführen. Auch die neueren Win 10 Updates sind wichtig. Mit dem DDD v18.0.3.9 Tool kann man im Abgesicherten Modus ohne Netzwerk sämtliche Grafiksoftware entfernen und dann den Radeontreiber neu installieren, wenn alle Stränge reißen. Das hat bei mir geholfen, auch der Microsoft AMD Treiber könnte am Anfang ausprobiert werden, ist aber in den Games nicht so leistungsfähig (Artefakte).

0 Likes
JRL2
Journeyman III

have u fixed this? I am having the same issue 

0 Likes

I handed my card to a family member and they noticed that on the GPU Die, a single pin on the top of the card was missing/damaged. His theory is the card doesn't receive enough power when this happens, causing it to show no signal when events trigger a rise in GPU performance.

Check the hardware of your card if all other options fail; you might have damaged it getting it in and out of your PC.

0 Likes

Forced to buy Nvidia. 

Gentlemen and Ladies,

We should class action the pants off these folks.

Oh... wait...you clicked accept to the terms. ;(...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Du hast vollkommen recht mit diesem Disaster. Ich habe gestern den 21.8.2 nur Treiber installiert, Valhalla gespielt und nach 15 min. Absturz und zwangsweise Neustart. Danach kam ich nicht mehr bis zum Spielstart, also DDU und 21.6.1 wieder installiert und es läuft wieder, das ist von Reiermann und Söhne.

Jawohl, bro. Mein deutsch sind nicht sehr gut aber kann ich manchmal du verstand. Diese Problem ist mit ein Hardwarefehler mit die "BIOS Plate", auf englisch. Ich kann nicht er reparieren, weil die betroffene Komponente(n) sind zu mikroscopisch fur mich zu Versuch.