cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

zack2540
Adept I

Once I upgraded to a 5700 xt from a RX580 some games won't launch. GTA V says cant initialize directx9 device, Battlefield 4 won't launch, and Rising Storm 2 wont launch either. Is anyone else having this problem?

I DDU my display drivers and reinstalled, didn't work. I reinstalled windows and that didn't work. I'm just wondering if this is an issue with the 5700 cards and if anyone else is experiencing this.

0 Likes
1 Solution
brainbug77
Journeyman III

Same Problem here, tried everything from above, but doesnt work. 

Most games i tried, do not start.

Maybe its a manufacturer problem? i used a GIGAbyte RX 5700 XT.

edit: I find a way that works for me (looks like the automatic tool has an bug)  :

1. Uninstall the Driver with DDU in safe mode

2. Download the Driver from AMD (win10-64bit-radeon-software-adrenalin-2019-edition-19.7.1-july7 - size ~ 430 MB) , don´t use the automatic tool!!!

3. enjoy

View solution in original post

13 Replies
signex
Adept II

You have to reinstall the latest drivers even though you have them installed. I used Display Driver Uninstaller to be safe. I had the same problem with my RX 5700, this fixed it.

EDIT: Oh you already tried this, then i have no idea.

Yeah I have no idea what to do. I updated my Bios, updated my chipset driver, uninstalled my GPU drivers countless times, tried rolling back the display drivers, booting in safe mode and installing everything, formatted my OS drive and installed a clean version of windows and fully updated it. No clue. Kinda pissed.

0 Likes
stormchild
Adept I

Hi, I had this problem when upgrading from a Radeon RX470 aith Adrenalin 19.5.2 to Radeon RX5700 with Adrenalin 19.7.1.

I couldn't play Rocket League anymore as it said my card could not support alpha blending something... with a Direct3D error code (DTDxxxx).
I used dxdiag and realized that it crasehd unless I rerun it and ignored checking Direct3D. I could then see that Direct3D Acceleration was not available... So clearly, the issue was indeed with DirectX / Direct3D. I tried installing it separately etc, nothing worked.

I tried a lot of things. In the end, what worked for me was :
- Do all the missing Windows updates. This updated me to Windows 10 build 1903.

- Use the AMD drivers cleaning utility, and do it in safe mode as it proposes.
- resintall Adrenalin 19.7.1

As a result, the Direct3D was correctly installed. Basically, the drivers Adrenalin didn't install correctly completely because I was not on the latest latest Windows build, is my understanding.

I still have a problem, but it's no sound to my Valve Index VR headset, nothing related to your problem

Good luck, hope this works.

0 Likes

Gonna give this a shot! For some reason my Windows 10 install was keeping itself in build 1809 and not automatically downloading 1903. I had to manually search for updates again after already updating for it to let me know theres a newer version available. I'll let you know if this is the solution.

0 Likes

Ok I did this and it still doesn't work. Windows is now completely up to date though, which is cool.

0 Likes
beyond
Journeyman III

Are you able to run dxdiag? (Win+R, "dxdiag", then let it run).

I also have a 5700 and have 19.7.1 installed, and when running dxdiag it reports problems with Direct3D. I've also tried reinstalling everything, compatibility mode, safe mode... Tons of games just crash on launch.

0 Likes
dirtydale
Journeyman III

I can't load any of my games with my RX 5700 XT 50th Anniversary Edition either. I get crashes right after each game loads.

0 Likes
swangp
Journeyman III

Spent the past 2 days trying to fix this. Going through the exact same problems as you are and I've done literally everything mentioned here and on reddit. Hopefully this can get fixed, it seems like its a small minority is having our issue.

0 Likes
brainbug77
Journeyman III

Same Problem here, tried everything from above, but doesnt work. 

Most games i tried, do not start.

Maybe its a manufacturer problem? i used a GIGAbyte RX 5700 XT.

edit: I find a way that works for me (looks like the automatic tool has an bug)  :

1. Uninstall the Driver with DDU in safe mode

2. Download the Driver from AMD (win10-64bit-radeon-software-adrenalin-2019-edition-19.7.1-july7 - size ~ 430 MB) , don´t use the automatic tool!!!

3. enjoy

Hey this finally worked!! I kept using the automatic detection tool like a dummy and didnt even think to download the full file manually, although I can't understand why because it should install the exact same file as manually, it wasn't working. Thanks for bringing this to my attention! Everyone who is having this problem, try this and let us know how it works!

Then my problem is different probably, but so far i've been playing for a while and haven't had a single crash.

Even though i lowered the power limit and voltage, my card still boosts to 1500-1600mhz like it did before.

I always download the drivers as a full file instead of the automatic detection tool, that's why my issue is different.

If my issue comes back, then the only thing that i can think of is that my PSU is failing. Not did i only get crashes but my PC would reboot randomly during game sessions.

0 Likes
signex
Adept II

It's happening again for me, DXGI error when launching BF5. Reinstalled Windows 10, we'll see how it goes. Have to redownload my games.

EDIT: I think i found a solution, i undervolted mine from 1020 to 975, and power limit -25%. I ran BF4 and played a little and it did not crash.

0 Likes
dirtydale
Journeyman III

I eventually reinstalled Windows. I had tried to install with the auto detect and the full download and was having the same issue. After I reinstalled Windows and my motherboard chipset I did the full install of Adrenalin. Everything seems to work perfectly now. I upgraded from an Nvidia card and did a full uninstall. I think maybe there was some files leftover that caused Windows to shut down the Directx install from AMD. Hope everyone finds a solution!

0 Likes