• Display Devices
    • 3x BenQ 1920x1200
    • 1x Dell P2314H 1920x1080
  • Asus Maximus III Formula
  • Intel i7-920 D0 stepping
  • Corsair HX1000
  • 24gb Corsair DDR3

Describe your issue:

I have four monitors attached to my system. Trying to create an 3x1 Eyefinity setup with my three 1920x1200 monitors.

After trying (and failing) through the Radeon software to designate only the monitors I wanted to use for Eyefinity, I went into the Win7 display settings and disabled my Dell 1080p monitor. That left me with only my 3 BenQ's, so I thought I would have no problem creating a 3x1 desktop. NOPE!

Even though I had disabled the Dell, IT CAME BACK ON AS PART OF THE GROUP!

Only after I PHYSICALLY DETACHED my Dell from the vid card would a 3x1 Eyefinity setup work.

There has to be some better way to enable a three-monitor Eyefinity setup on a four-monitor system than pulling the data line to the fourth monitor. Does anyone have any ideas on what that better way is?

Is there no way for the Radeon software to disable the last monitor when creating the 3x1 setup? Even if I did it manually, is there no way to keep the disabled monitor out of the setup?

I appreciate any help you can give.

0 Likes
1 Reply
raines
Journeyman III

I to  have the same issue.

I have tried reinstalling drivers with a clean install, older drivers clean, tried ddu with both older and newer drivers and nothing works.

Everything broke when i upgraded to the newest driver last night.

If it hadent completely trashed my setup i wouldnt be doing this. Also i tried to recal system restore but still same issue.

I have a r9 290x and 3 1080 displays and a fourth that have 4:3 aspect.

I now have no eyefinity and no way of fixing it.

Oh  i also tried pulling the fourth screen and do the quicksetup and that worked, untill i put the fourth screen back and rebooted windows. After that the screen resolutions went complete bonkers in a way i cant even describe.

Like i said, r9 290x and tried the maby 5 or 6 latest drivers 18.2.1 being the oldest.

Windows 10 latest update

16gb ram

EDIT:

Installed 17.12.2 and this one workes. Do i realy have to use this old of a driver?

Tried to update the driver again and now i get error 1603. AMD settings fails to install.

0 Likes