cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

sennxes
Journeyman III

Older Devices Windows 11 Support?

Understandably, AMD is retiring support for R9 Fury and prior devices. However, will they at least roll out a Windows 11 compatable variation of the latest drivers for these older devices? I am still using an R9 390 and ever since Windows 11 update, driver has been crashing. Even swapping between dual bios is having no helpful effect. After many MANY hours of research and different attempts, my only conclusion would be limited compatability between the latest R9 390 driver and Windows 11. In this GPU shortage, for some of us GAMERS, upgrading GPUs at this point is not feasable or impossible for some. If we could receive some sort compatibility update at very least, I'm sure many of us GAMERS would be most grateful to AMD for their consideration toward their -more often than not- loyal customers.

Thank you for allowing me to rant request and share my opinion.

Love,
Sennxes  -AMD LOYAL GAMER-

**maybe notice my gamer position.. GLARES AT MINER SNATCHING ALL GPUS

0 Likes
1 Reply
ThreeDee
Paragon

Well .. I have Windows 11 installed on a PC and both my old Nvidia Quadro 4000, and 400 GPU's had Nvidia drivers loaded up for them just fine .. I would imagine that your R9 will load up just fine as well .. and Windows 10 drivers work just fine in 11 if you want to install those.

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes