cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

wshades
Journeyman III

Old Dell 1721 with Turion 64x2

I have an old Dell 1721 with Turion 64x2  that I am trying to get running for a retired woman on welfare. Can't upgrade.

The drive is replaced with a factory same drive but the system does not see the Hard drive. From old postings I read where it needs specific AMD RAID drivers.

Can someone tell me where I can get this driver and also how I can get it installed when the hard drive can be read to start up my Vista install disks?

0 Likes
1 Solution

RAID only works if you have 2 or more HDD/SSDs in your laptop otherwise you don't need to install RAID Drivers.

Probably what you are asking is for AMD Laptop CHIPSET Drivers for your laptop Motherboard in your laptop. Those you would need to download from Dell if they still have a driver download page for your old Laptop.

Okay I found, what I believe is your laptop, at Dell Support. It has drivers for Windows XP and VISTA only and your laptop isn't compatible with Windows 10 OS: https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/product-support/product/inspiron-1721/drivers

Not sure if this is the exact DELL laptop you have but seems to fairly similar.  You Dell laptop is at least 14-15 years old.

You need to go to the link I posted at Dell Support and input your Laptop's Serial Number to get the correct Download page for your laptop. Then you can start installing drivers from there to get the laptop to work.

But if this is the same type of Laptop model you have and trying to restore then you can't have Windows 10 installed.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply

RAID only works if you have 2 or more HDD/SSDs in your laptop otherwise you don't need to install RAID Drivers.

Probably what you are asking is for AMD Laptop CHIPSET Drivers for your laptop Motherboard in your laptop. Those you would need to download from Dell if they still have a driver download page for your old Laptop.

Okay I found, what I believe is your laptop, at Dell Support. It has drivers for Windows XP and VISTA only and your laptop isn't compatible with Windows 10 OS: https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/product-support/product/inspiron-1721/drivers

Not sure if this is the exact DELL laptop you have but seems to fairly similar.  You Dell laptop is at least 14-15 years old.

You need to go to the link I posted at Dell Support and input your Laptop's Serial Number to get the correct Download page for your laptop. Then you can start installing drivers from there to get the laptop to work.

But if this is the same type of Laptop model you have and trying to restore then you can't have Windows 10 installed.

0 Likes