cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

mpw
Adept II

Odd Refresh Rate/FPS Behaviour

Hi, just want to preface this that I had this card installed on my machine last week prior to a complete Windows 10 reinstall, and it worked great. It's a new card for me.

Since the reinstall, I get this odd phenomenon where it's as if the refresh rate will change of its own accord, and/or I get strange FPS drops where I did not before. It's the same setup and configuration. I didn't change anything, and all the software is the same. It looks jerky, like jittery.

FreeSync is disabled.

I notice in League of Legends it almost always happens between the 5-7 minute mark (fullscreen, and borderless windowed), and in CS:GO it happens seemingly randomly.

I looked at my refresh rates, and they're set to 144hz with FreeSync and enhanced sync off globally and in profiles.

I also enabled the refresh rate on my monitor to display its value - for some reason it is 100% changing from 144hz to around 127hz.

I notice, too, that sometimes when I restart my PC, FreeSync will enable itself! 

I've already uninstalled these drivers with DDU. 

Any ideas?

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

0 Likes
4 Replies

A lot of people try to impose settings on various games and it does not work in practice.

Use in-game settings which will work 100% of the time.

I use an RX 480 8GB with a 4K panel so I need to tone down some games to be playable

0 Likes

Sorry, I am saying that I am doing exactly the same as I was prior to my Windows reinstallation and now there is odd behaviour with the refresh rate. It's very jittery. The refresh rate appears to be constantly in a state of change and the FPS immediately drop.

Sometimes an ALT+TAB fixes it for a few moments.

0 Likes

many games are not designed for anything above 60 Hhz which is the standard for panels

0 Likes

Mate, are you purposely trolling or just trying to get your post count up?

I've told you it was working well before a reinstall.

0 Likes