cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ThunderBeaver
Miniboss

Odd incident with an AMD advertisement today.

At approx. 6:20 AM Central Time. My screen went black for a few seconds.

Now on my adrenaline software the spot in the upper right corner on the home tab that displays Current Driver Version and Check for available Updates is gone.

I have the advertisement function in Adrenaline turned off always has been.

Everything else is working fine just really odd.

GPU Power Color Demon RX 6900 XT. With latest WHQL Driver Version and Adrenaline Software.  

0 Likes
4 Replies
ThunderBeaver
Miniboss

UPDATE

Issue fixed performed a clean install Adrenaline Software fully restored.

Also performed a few command prompts to check system hardware and software integrity all good.

Performed a deep AV scan no problems found. 

Was really odd though.

0 Likes
TumKo
Adept II

Hello, disable windows update or in a couple of days you will have the same

0 Likes

I don't trust standard Windows 10 functions.

I will use an old regedit setup that I haven't used in since windows XP. Turns out Windows 10 still uses that same framework for its updates.

They won't even be able to force a remote access.

0 Likes

I got the same update, didn't get the advertisement problem you had. I'll try to be as nice as possible and say I really don't like it when Windows updates my drivers. And I don't like being vulnerable to hacks, so it's a rock and a hardplace. I would think running drivers only a month or two old would be ok, but it updated mine and now I don't have like you said the part showing what driver I have, it's no longer there. Yes, I can DDU and install the latest one, but it's a pain if I'm in the middle of playing a game, it might have a problem with my game, where the driver I was using didn't. So far no problems but still.