cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Kventis
Journeyman III

Odd crashes on AMD Radeon Rx Vega 11 (Possibly OpenGl)

Heya, Someone has brought to me a computer with a Ryzen 3400G which was causing BSOD in Windows 10 but only in specific games seemingly at random. I soon noticed it crashes often on games that use the OpenGl Lib. I have updated the drivers and removed oldrr ones with DDU as they were ancient which causes the screen to go completely black and unresponsive instead of BSOD in the same games, Audio and USB works but no video output at all. Upon reboot of a crash, the drivers disappear and windows reverts to basic display adapter. DDU still detects the driver however

This has had me stumped for days any help will be much appreciated.

I have

• Reinstalled drivers
  • Checked disk for errors
  • Memory error check
  • Checked windows event viewer to find nothing
  • DDU drivers before every reinstall
0 Likes
2 Replies

Assuming this is only prob with ogl games on newest driver ?

It has been reported that some ogl games (with specific nv code) have problems with the new amd ogl driver.

Get the owner to send a bug report on any game with the issue (i believe amd are working through each affected game).

In the meantime your options are clean install older 22.5.1 WHQL, or not play affected games on the current driver.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Thanks for responding goodplay,

I have tried installing older versions of the driver but the issue persists however instead of getting no video output after a crash, I get a BSOD.

Another point I forgot to mention in my post is how the BSOD or screen going black seems to occur at random while playing an OpenGL game.

0 Likes