Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

shun1053
Adept I

Oculus Rift audio issue in SteamVR with Radeon RX 5700XT

Hi,

The audio issue occur when view Desktop with SteamVR (not Oculus Dash Desktop viewer).

Sometimes suddenly audio stop in VR games (run on SteamVR) without Desktop Viewing too.
The audio came back after disable and re-enable the Rift audio, but problem will return.

This issue didn't occur with vega56.

Driver version;
Oculus software ver.1.39.1
Radeon software ver.19.7.1 ~ 8.1 all tested

I found audio Valve Index audio issue has fixed Radeon software ver.19.7.2,

Is there any problem between Radeon software (or Graphics card) and OpenVR...?

0 Likes
1 Solution
shun1053
Adept I

I think, this issue was caused of USB port, or PCIe Gen4 connection.

I changed Oculus Rift USB connect from Motherboard USB port to USB extension board.

The audio looks working well now.

I have small noise when open SteamVR Desktop viewer, but there is no audio stopping.

Thank you!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Do you have the latest OpenVR version installed as well the latest SteamVR Beta installed?

OpenVR SDK: Releases · ValveSoftware/openvr · GitHub 

SteamVR : Steam Community :: SteamVR 

You may want to open a thread at SteamVR Forum and see if others with different GPU cards are having similar audio issues.

Also you can open a AMD Service Request (Official AMD Support) from here: Online Service Request | AMD 

Thank you for your reply!

I tested SteamVR 1.6.10 and 1.7.1~9(Beta), and 1.1.4 from old backup, but the problem occurred all version.

I use OpenVR Input emulator ver.1.3, newest version.

Now I will try Radeon software 19.8.2...

0 Likes
shun1053
Adept I

I think, this issue was caused of USB port, or PCIe Gen4 connection.

I changed Oculus Rift USB connect from Motherboard USB port to USB extension board.

The audio looks working well now.

I have small noise when open SteamVR Desktop viewer, but there is no audio stopping.

Thank you!

You may want to open a Support Ticket with your motherboard's manufacturer and see if you need to RMA your motherboard. Seems like you have a defective USB port on the motherboard or the electronics connected to the USB Port is not working correctly.

I have USB Web Camera connected to a 7 USB Hub. When using a certain Web Camera software, I get horizontal lines going from top to bottom.  But when I connect it to the Motherboard's USB Port it disappears and works fine.  Granted this is just an example. But it does illustrate you may have a defective USB port on the motherboard or the USB Port on the motherboard is not compatible with the VR software you are using .

0 Likes

Thanks for your advice!

My motherboard is Gigabyte X570 AORUS Pro WiFi.

Flash drive, webcam, and audio interface connect via USB are working correctly so I can't decide the problem is caused by malfunction of motherboard, chipset, CPU or something.

However, I will contact support or request RMA if I find more problem.

The connection of the VR device is severe, so USB port on my motherboard may not suitable.

0 Likes