cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

OBS Software on HP pavilion laptop running Windows 10 with AMD Radeon Graphics card still shows a black screen.

Hi everyone! I am running Windows 10 on my laptop and I have a AMD radeon graphics card. I am a noob at this so I don't really know what else to say but I am trying to get OBS software running so I can record my desktop but it never works and continually gives me a black screen. Can anyone help?

0 Likes
16 Replies

0 Likes

AMD Radeon ™ R5 Graphics

AMD Radeon ™ R8 M445DX

HP Pavilion 15-aw009AX (Laptop) 16 GB RAM

Windows 10 64 bit

Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.6

Generic PNP monitor

Thats all I could find I dont know where to find the other details

0 Likes

Here is how you find the correct AMD driver for your laptop. Fill out the steps as I have Laptop graphics update...How to

Download Drivers Always choose the full version, never the 'minimal setup'. This is the only driver you install.

Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers

Configuring Laptop Switchable Graphics on a Windows® Based System

0 Likes

After I clean installed it worked but for some reason I couldnt play league anymore thne I checked the drivers and I had only like the normal Intel driver so then I remembered I downloaded the driver and when I installed it OBS does not work again

0 Likes

Check with the OBS forum. https://obsproject.com/forum/

That's where i started and it sent me here because there was no solution

there

0 Likes

It is possible that the current OBS is not totally compatible with the new Windows version 1803. Since the last updated version was from March 2018 before Windows April upgrade.

Probably going to need to wait until OBS updates their software in concert with AMD updating the Drivers.

0 Likes

Ok wow this is becoming very frustrating but thanks for the help anyway!

0 Likes

have you tried installing the manufacturer's laptop drivers and see if OBS starts working again?

0 Likes

How do I do that?

0 Likes

what is the exact Make & Model of your Laptop?

Google you laptop's exact Make & Model and then click on the Manufacturer's website and go to its Support page. There you should be able to go to your Laptop's drivers page and download all the drivers for your Operating System and possibly new BIOS and CHIPSET if newer.

0 Likes

So do I download all drivers then? Not just for the graphics?

0 Likes

Update only the drivers that are newer than the ones you have installed. BIOS (if newer), if you know how to update it, helps newer drivers to work better with the newer Windows versions that comes out and makes newer Hardware compatible with the laptop.

If you installed the AMD Drivers from AMD Support. Uninstall it and install the VGA drivers from your laptop's manufacturer even if it is old. Than see if OBS works.

Also update the CHIPSET if they are available to download.

This is how to install Graphics Drivers in a laptop from AMD Forums: Laptop graphics update...How to

0 Likes

Wow thank you so much...... I will try this soon.... This is so complicated

but thank you

From what I can gather all my drivers are up-to-date...... The display adapters are the graphic drivers right?

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes

That correct. The Display driver is the Graphics drivers.

What is the Make & Model of your Laptop?

If everything is up to date, than you are going to need for OBS to update their software. Or do as mentioned by kingfish and post your  question at OBS Forums.