Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

alexderkoenich
Journeyman III

OBS issues with RX480 and Radeon Adrenalin

Hello, everybody,

I recently bought a new processor and a new motherboard. (Specs to follow)
I kept my RX480 graphics card because I think it has enough power for my current needs!
I stream on Twitch using Streamlabs OBS. If I start the stream without a helper, it's okay, but I feel that the graphics driver or some other software incompatibility is ruining my quality, because I can't set to good quality levels with SCUM or Dead by Daylight, for example. But in itself streaming runs... However, if I have not only installed the graphics card driver, but also Radeon Adrenalin. Does OBS start freezing when I start a game (no matter which one)!

I am at the end of my wisdom and hope you can help me here.

Specs:
CPU: I9-9900K
GPU: MSI RX480
Mainboard: ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F Gaming
RAM: Gskill F4-3200C16D-32GVK Memory D4 3200 32GB C16 RipV K2 2X 16GB, 1,35V
SSD: Samsung MZ-76Q1T0BW SSD 860 QVO 1 TB

I have rebuilt my Windows 10 64-bit pro. All drivers are up to date. In OBS I can change any settings with adrenaline, but the result is the same! I tried OBS Studio... I have already made many changes in Adrenalin without success.
Unfortunately, I am not very well versed in hardware monitoring software. So it would be good if you could tell me exactly what to do with which program and when to do screenshot.

Please tell what you additionally need to know!

Thanks a alot guys!

0 Likes
2 Replies

Your Intel APU has integrated Graphics. Could it be that OBS is using the Integrated Graphics rather than the RX 480?

By the way, make sure all your Intel Drivers are the latest especially the Intel APU Driver. AMD Driver needs the  Intel integrated graphics with the latest Intel Driver, at least, in Laptops.

0 Likes
jdrobinson314
Challenger

You should be able to set obs to use only a few threads, the Intel quick sync is good for transcoding.

I'm not familiar with OBS settings, but you should be able to get a decent quality stream going on a 9900k and not have the processor choke out.

...unless you have seen latest ryzen 3000 announcement video.

In which case it is apparent that you need another PC and steam capture card to be able to avoid these problems.

0 Likes