cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ObsidianHawk
Journeyman III

'nvlddmkm' driver error after upgrading CPU and MotherBoard

Recently upgraded to the 5600x and Asus TUF x570 pro motherboard. RAM, PSU and GPU are all from the old setup. About once an hour my screens will freeze, flash a black screen and then resume normal display. Error logs show nvlddmkm driver is failing but I cannot discover why.

My system:

AMD 5600x

Asus TUF x570 pro motherboard

Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz (This RAM shows up on the compatibility list for the MoBo)

EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER FTW3 HYBRID GAMING

EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2, 80+ GOLD 850W

I have done the following:

-Reinstalled windows

-Updated all the GPU, motherboard, chipset drivers

-Upgraded to the latest BIOS version

-Reseated the GPU and RAM

-Turned off the OC profile for the RAM, disabled gSync, disabled SMT, downgraded to a much older version of nvidia drivers(451.67), reduced the refresh rate of my display to 60. These fixes seemed to work for some in other posts

I know that I can force the driver to crash by launching Evga's Precision X software when windows starts. But the system event logs dont show any useful information other than the 'driver has stopped working' followed by the 'driver has recovered'. The CPU and GPU arent overheating. The error occurs randomly whether the system is under load or idle.

4 Replies
Rossignol_37
Journeyman III

Got same problem on my ryzen 9 5900x all my driver are good, lastest Bios and temps. I just do a new installation of window and same problem

Nvlddmkm  id 14

spec:

-Ryzen 9 5900x

-asus Crosshair Viii Formula

-Corsair dominator 32gb (4x8GB) 3600mhz CL16 (compatibility list motherboard) 

-evga RTX 2080ti FTW3 ultra 

-seasonic SSR-850TR

I have exact the same crashes!! i tested it thoroughly and came to the conclusion that the crashes stops after disabling SMT in the bios!! although this is just a workaround which is not a solution .

mostly the crashes happens in flight simulator 2020, but sometimes in other games or random on the desktop.

I have an AMD 9 5900x and a msi rtx 3070 ventus 3x,

have tested with all the latest bios and chipset drivers and also latest vgabios for this gpu

by testing i concluded that it is not the following

PSU

memory

disabled/uninstalled  all cpu and gpu related software (like ryzen master) / no overclock

undervolting and underclocking the gpu with msi afterburner

reinstalleed  nvidia driver after uninstall with ddu in safe mode without internet, also tested the nvidia studio drivers (same result in crashes)

override windows color with nvidia color with the lowest basic profile 8 bit

TDRdelay in registry add, does not solve, it just delays the crash, TDRlevel 3

bios: 4G decoding / resizable bar ON and OFF  

HAGS and game mode ON and OFF

powerplan high performance

tried process lasso to disable smt for flight simulator (not always working, only disabling in bios)

0 Likes
hanalannister
Journeyman III

Hi! Same Problem here. Random only while playing CS:GO

I even made a clean new windows install. There is nothing installed unlike:

Win 10 Pro

Steam - CS:GO

Aquasuite X3 (It was 2018 before)

2080 Ti

i7 6700K

Z170 Mainboard

2 Monitors (4k and 1440p)

I tried:

-Aquasuite not running

-Turn off 2nd Monitor

-Format C

-Clean Win10 Drivers with DDU

-Manually Update all Mainboard drivers

-Checked 12V Supply

-Windows internal Ram Check

-Firestrike Test (passed)

-Installed MSI Afterburner and Set Core Clock to -15 MHZ

I'm out of ideas unless garbaging the 2080Ti.

Milestone Gold Mastercard

0 Likes
Ray_AMD
Community Manager

You have an issue with your Nvidia graphics card, I suggest you post your issue on the Nvidia forums.

0 Likes