cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

bluejay44
Adept I

Re: Not working switchable graphics in radeon software crimson

No I just used the uninstall option in the Radeon Crimson installer.  Will try again now and use the amdcleanup utility now.  thanks for suggestion

0 Likes
bluejay44
Adept I

Well, I uninstalled ccc15.7.1, ran the cleanup utility, rebooted as asked and then reinstalled ccc15.7.1.

Result - I still have no switchable graphics option when I right click. Also nothing happens when I click on the Catalyst Control Centre icon on the right click menu.

AND when I go to device manager there is no mention of the dual graphics system. AMD Radion HD 6490M  is not shown just the Intel one. This has a yellow question mark across it, and error message (Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)) when I double click on it. I have tried to update it both from my computer and online but meet with errors each time.

Also my screen resolution has changed down to 1024x768 instead of 1366x768 so each window covers the whole screen.

0 Likes
bluejay44
Adept I

All sorted and working properly.  And I am tired out and ready to go to sleep. Steep learning curve.

Memo to self.  Never upgrade just because  programs I use daily suggest I do so!!!

0 Likes
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

We intend to continue adding more features and functionality to our Crimson drivers in future driver releases.

0 Likes
h3llr3is3r
Journeyman III

Miracle, for me works switchable graphics with Crimson 15.11.1. I have 6820hk with Intel hd 530 and Amd R9 m295x 4gb. With GPU-Z i can follow the gpu usage on amd gpu and works just fine under win 8.1 and win10 as well. As long as i remember the dx12 adds features like this to windows to make it easier. Why it not works?

0 Likes
h3llr3is3r
Journeyman III

Open crimson, preferences, additional settings, there you find switchable graphics option.

0 Likes
h3llr3is3r
Journeyman III

Try to set your system in high performance mode. This means usually for windows to use the more power full card. The APU graphics is VLIW4 while the discreet is GCN. If you checked the news AMD dropped support of old VLIW cards. If you have tried to install crimson driver under preferences you find the Additional options. This opens a new window similar to Catalyst and there is switchable graphics options. There select the high performance mode. The other way is trough the Windows power settings, find Switchable graphics and change to Optimize performance/Maximize performance.

Good luck!

0 Likes
ystef
Adept I

It worked when I upgrade from 15.7.1 to 15.11. In 15.11.1 and crimson It doesn't work

0 Likes
ystef
Adept I

switchable graphics option enabled, system in high performance mode, for each game the discrete videocard is adjusted BUT It doesn't work

0 Likes
h3llr3is3r
Journeyman III

Interesting, as i do not have enabled option. Those options was my my best shot. As 15.11 worked then 15.11.1 should also. As long as i know difference is minor and affects mainly the fan control (on desktop systems). Can you check the legacy 15.11.1 driver as upgrade? So you revert to 15.11 to see it works. Then upgrade with the 15.11.1 legacy Crimson.

0 Likes