I bought a new Monitor (iiyama G-Master GB2760QSU) and in combination with my Radeon 5600XT ( adrenalin 20.11.2) it is not possible to change the refreshrate of the monitor. I tried different drivers with no success 😞
I am using Windows 10 ( Version 2004 Build 19041.630) and for me there must be a bug in your Radeon Software! I found a user in the computerbase forum, with the same issue. He has the same Windows Version and is ussing the Radeon 5700 and he also cannot change the refreshrate of the Monitor.
And why I am saying it's the driver? Because with my notebook I am able to change the refreshrate of the Monitor ( same cable) and on my Desktop PC the audio output is showing me the monitor.
So it would be nice if you can help me to fix that issue. I can also provide more information about my System if needed.
Here is the Thread of the computerbase forum: https://www.computerbase.de/forum/threads/probleme-beim-einstellen-von-144hz.1983796/page-2
It's in german, so if you need help with the correct translation please let me know. I would like to help to fix that Issue with everything I can do.
Thank you very much
In Windows 10 the refresh rate is not changed in the Radeon Settings interface and not controlled by the AMD driver. It is controlled by Windows.
I already tried this, but it is not possible to select there anything... It's 60 Hz and grey, so I have no choice 😞
If you follow my link to the computerbase Forum you can find on the second Page a Screenshot from me.
And with my notebook (intel GPU) it's possible to select a different refreshrate.
And because the other guy in that Thread has the same problem, also with an AMD Graphic Card and a different monitor, for me it must be an Issue with AMD or windows...
It's me again.
My problem is solved now. I tried the way you have discribed to change the refreshrate and it worked. Before I used google to find the option in Win10 and I got and cmd command which opens this menu directly, but there it was impossible to change anything...
So two times the same window and for one option it's not possible to change anything... Looks like a typical windows bug 😞
Thanks a lot for your help!