cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

neoslite1
Journeyman III

Not able to install drivers for RX 5500 xt

I bought a few weeks ago a RX 5500 xt from XFX with 8GB and for 2 weeks all funktioned good. But with the new Adrenalin version 20.4.2 I experient, a few days later, a black screen and I had too restart my system. A few days later my system didn´t run Windows anymore. It friezes every time when loading Windows 10. UEFI and safemod could stil run normally. But UEFI can´t fix the problem and I couldn`t enter safemod, because I don´t remembered my Windows password, because I always used PIN and I had too reset my system. After I installed Windows 10 I tried to install my drivers and the only one that I can´t correcty install was Adrenalin. 20.2.2 doesn´t worked, autodetect doesn´t worked and 20.4.2 doesn´t worked. Every time I had the problem that after downloading and running the install software, I had to restart the system too finish the process and everytime my system can´t load Windows anymore. UEFI and safemod still functioned. But all I could do is unistall Adrenalin and after that my Windows started normally. But without the driver I can´t play any game and I experient Firefox friezes and screentearing on Youtube and Netflix. I already tried a clean install for minimum 5 times and I updated all my drivers, I updated my chipset, I updated my motherboard BIOS, but nothing worked. I still ran in the same problem with the graphic driver. And old versions of amd graphic drivers couldn´t ditact my card. I really need help I love the card, but at this point I think without a miracle I must return the card and switch to Nvidea.

My System setup is:

CPU: AMD FX-8350 Black edition Octa-core 4.0 GHz

GPU: XFX AMD Radeon RX 5500 xt 8GB (RX-55xt8DFD6)

Mainboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P

RAM: DDR3 16GB 1600 MHz

pc power supply: Thermaltake London 550 W 80 Gold

System drive C:  SanDisk SDSSDA240G  (240GB)

0 Likes
0 Replies