Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

raizcorn
Journeyman III

Re: Not able to control fans on my Sapphire Vega 56 Nitro+ LE

Hello,

if its ok i would like to use this Thread for my Problem thats nearly the same. First i allready tried  what Kingfish suggested and it does not work. Im using the Asus Strix Vega 56 OC on an Ryzen 1600X, ASUS ROG Strix b350-f Gaming Motherboard and 16gig RAM. As for now i could only get the fans running with the ASUS tool, wich is realy bad. Like i sayd i uninstalled it and every other "OC" tool + Driver, and reinstalled the driver, and did the steps Kingfish told to do ending in nothing realy happend. I have to mention that i would like to tweak the Volts aswell as the Memory a bit well knowing that it harms my warranty, so the "leave the rest on auto" isnt realy an long-term Option for me. Hopefully you can give me some helpfull tips so i can get my fans running so my card can get the cooling it deserves.

Thanks in advance

(I hope i could make it understandeble becouse im not a nativ english speaker)

0 Kudos
theacclaimed
Miniboss

The Sapphire Nitro+ Vega 56 and 64 cannot be controlled by wattman due to Sapphire's "Intelligent Fan Control" feature. For some reason it overrides any software program that tries to manually control the fan speeds including AMD's own Wattman. This is a problem because with issues such as the 144hz multimonitor bug that keeps the Vega idle memory clock stuck at 800mhz or 945mhz the Nitro+ card idles at 50c. The fans turn on briefly to drop the temperature to 49c then shut off, and the card heats up again.

By comparison, the Reference card can be set to idle at 1100rpm by setting 900rpm as the minimum in wattman.

aurumvorax
Adept I

I can confirm that.
I got myself 4 (four!) Sapphire Vegas during the last year, all of which lacked the most common feature present in modern day graphics cards: the simple option to set a fan speed according to one's liking.

It took me months to comprehend that. How could something like this even happen? I've reached out to half a dozen support threads/hardware forums just to address this issue. I've RMA'd some of those cards because I genuinely thought they were broken!

I've always favored Sapphire. But this issue changed my view drastically. Not going to buy any of their products again.
Bought an ASRock Vega 56 some while ago. This Reference card design ended up less noisy than Sapphires premium cooling solution, just because I'm able to set a fixed fan speed in medium work loads.

0 Kudos
lolington
Adept I

Did anyone find a solution? Same stuff happening to me...

0 Kudos
theacclaimed
Miniboss

There is no solution. The only way is for Sapphire to release an updated Trixx software which can control the Intelligent Fan Controller.

speedhunter
Journeyman III

Yes lastest driver from AMD ... enable to control fan manually right now super nice ...

0 Kudos