No Video signal on monitor when installing AMD drivers

• AMD Graphics Card Make & Model
    • Vega 8
  • Desktop
  • Operating System
    • Windows 10 64bit 21H1 Build
  • Driver version installed
    • Radeon Software Adrenaline 21.5.2 and earlier versions
  • Display Make and model and connection/adapter in use, resolution, and refresh rate.
    • LG 27GL650F-B 1920x1080 @120Hz Active HDMI
    • One line for each display device connected
  • CPU/APU Make and model number
    • Ryzen 5 PRO 4650G
  • Motherboard Make & Model + Bios Revision
    • Asus X570-P Prime BIOS 3603
  • Power Supply Unit Make & Model + Wattage
    • Cooler Master 500W 80 plus Bronze
  • System Memory Make & Model + Frequency
    • GSkill FlareX 3200Mhz CL14 2x8GB

My problem begins when installing any version of AMD Adrenaline drivers including the most current version, the steps I take are the following: 1.-Install Windows 10 on my computer 2.- Install motherboard drivers, when installing Video Radeon Software Adrenaline 21.5.2 and earlier versions. The monitor stops receiving Video signal.

4 Replies
cayallas
Journeyman III

I have same problem. Did you have solution?

morpheusdestro
Journeyman III

Same problem here  with radeon 7700series. Everything works in safe mode. Disabling the card lets you use the computer. Once you install the drivers and the card is reenabled, signal is lost and all you can do is hard reset. And the cycle goes on and on. I ve tried several drivers and setups of windows.  I have also tried another gpu and the problem persists. I think this might be something to do with incompatibility with latest windows updates as that's when the problem first appeared. I have also tried another gpu and the problem persists.

However i see lots of people having the same issue for the past 6 months or so, isn't it time for AMD to take some actions towards this? And there is no actual fix or suggestion that works.

0 Likes
Roesjka
Adept I

Adrenalin 21.4.1 Recommended (WHQL) The driver you try to install is only optional.

Check the compatibility of mobo bios version with your apu as some bioses might not work correctly.

Or let Windows decide to install the drivers to see if that helps.

0 Likes
matinsnaff
Journeyman III

If your motherboard do not support that video card you cant use it. that video card have 16GB Vram you motherboard need to support that.

0 Likes