cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

x7t
Journeyman III

No Video Output on New GPU

I recently received an ASUS TUF GAMING 6800XT for Christmas to add to my recent pc build. Before installing the 6800xt I used DDU in safe mode to uninstall the graphics drivers for my 2060. After I installed the new GPU, whenever I booted up the computer I would receive no video output whatsoever (not even bios or the logo) and my monitor would enter into power-saving mode. I remember the GPU suddenly working after I messed around with the PCIE slot for a while, but after trying to restart after downloading the drivers I once again had the same issue. Yesterday I attempted to solve the problem by using my old GPU which booted immediately and allowed me to uninstall the drivers and attempt to use my new GPU. This was successful, and I was able to install the drivers and access the AMD software. However, after opening Modern Warfare 2 I was met with a blue screen (I didn't catch the error code) after which I had the original issue. I have tried uninstalling the drivers as I did before, but to no avail. I am planning to take my computer and new GPU to a local shop to have it played around with, but any suggestions? 
At the time of writing I have noticed that I am not on the latest version of Windows 11 so I am updating now, but I don't imagine that is the issue since the system was running at one point with the new GPU.

SPECS:
CPU - Ryzen 7 5700x, GPU - RX6800XT / RTX 2060, PSU - Corsair CV650, Motherboard - Aorus B550i Pro AX, RAM - Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16gb 8*2 3600Mhz (XMP Enabled), Windows 11, Case - SSUPD Meshlicious (PCIE 3.0 Riser Cable)

0 Likes
2 Replies

PSU is likely the problem, 750W is recommended/minimum, and need to use 2 separate pcie cables (not a 1 into 2 connectors split).

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

I’ll try a better PSU, but i thought PCpartpicker would have caught that issue. Thanks.

0 Likes