cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

adimian12
Journeyman III

no update works

I have Lenovo laptop model G510 with two display built in one is intel  HD  GRAPHICS 4600 and AMD Radeon R5 M230 . RUNNING WINDOWSM 7 X64 . the AMD drivers installed and work fine in AMD version 19.9.2 and when I tried to run and install the new updates 19.12.2 or the  20.1.2 both stopped during installation with error code 31 .I always use the AMD  software INSTALLED  to update the display drivers . I always face issue to configure both display drivers . due conflict of software . until I succeed  to do that now .

Await your comments if any .

0 Likes
3 Replies
adimian12
Journeyman III

i tried yesterday using the new update and i get error message during installation with code 1603 and when i restart the windows and tried again i was installing the update with error code 1604 but the software and drivers installed .

await any comments . 

0 Likes

Those drivers do not support your graphics. To old...Legacy status...no more updates.

Here are the last available...16.2.1 is best

https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-r5-series/amd-radeon-r5-200-series/amd-radeon-r5-... 

Laptop graphics update...How to 

For laptops with Intel/AMD graphics:

2. The Intel graphics drivers should be the latest offered by Intel Support.

Use their 'Driver Download Tool' to get the latest version. These must be installed before the AMD drivers.

** Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 must be fully updated before attempting to install any AMD driver. All 'critical', 'recommended', and 'optional' (no language packs,etc) updates as well as any Service Packs (SP) must be installed before any attempt to install graphics drivers. If you do not get this message .... keep installing until you do:

0 Likes

Dear all

Based on the real life in Lenovo laptop and what I face I can confirm that

windows sp i have no issue with it while. Intel graphics Hd 4600 and it's

software regardless up-to-date or not and the Amd Radeon r5 m230 software

are liked . Are like Husband and mother in law conflict of interest .

Therefore i had to try several from.both till I reach this successful

condition

Await your comments if any

Ashraf

0 Likes